• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HenkeHarkins82

HenkeHarkins82

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

Ok i dont know if this was the right place to post but my 360 just burst and im panicking

ok heres what happened

for the last while it has been freezing sporadically , lines down the screen . I read this was an overheating issue
it wasnt often so i ignored it
then today it froze again , i turned it off & on & it froze at the fanfare with a checkered screen
i took everything out unplugged the hd , put iit back together , at which point i noticed a slight rattle comening from inside it
put it back together
Now when i start it up one of 3 things happens , it lets me play for a few minutes then freezes , it freezes on the dash/bootup or it doesnt come on and all 4 lights flash as if the av cable is loose.

Please help me , i am in a sever panic here , especially as i dont have the reciept for it & i removed the warranty sticker many moons ago

Anybody know what MS are like for help in the uk , i had read that they wont take it if your sticker is off in the usa .
I used to exchange my ps2 with ease when it was broke , even with the sticker off but i dont expect that will be the case here.

Help

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:10 AM

the slight rattle shouldn't be anything to worry about, from what i've heard, the system has a little ball in an enclosure on the inside and thats how the system knows if its horizontal or verticle (so it can light up the right sectors on the ring of light for the controllers). as far as recovering from the 3 lights though, i can't help you there sad.gif make sure your power brick and system are well ventilated if you think your having over heating problems, and keep the system off of the carpet if its on one.

#3 89c4l98

89c4l98

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:14 AM

Well since you removed the case and voided your warranty the is not much hope. First thing I would do is get some artic silver thermal compound. Remove the cpu and gpu heatsinks. Clean then up and remove all old thermal paste and or foil. Apply artic silver and re-install. Hope for the best. It shouldnt cost more then $12 to find out if this fixed your problem.

If that does not work sell it on ebay.

#4 Gbeav

Gbeav

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(HenkeHarkins82 @ Jul 17 2006, 02:31 PM) View Post

Ok i dont know if this was the right place to post but my 360 just burst and im panicking

ok heres what happened

for the last while it has been freezing sporadically , lines down the screen . I read this was an overheating issue
it wasnt often so i ignored it
then today it froze again , i turned it off & on & it froze at the fanfare with a checkered screen
i took everything out unplugged the hd , put iit back together , at which point i noticed a slight rattle comening from inside it
put it back together
Now when i start it up one of 3 things happens , it lets me play for a few minutes then freezes , it freezes on the dash/bootup or it doesnt come on and all 4 lights flash as if the av cable is loose.

Please help me , i am in a sever panic here , especially as i dont have the reciept for it & i removed the warranty sticker many moons ago

Anybody know what MS are like for help in the uk , i had read that they wont take it if your sticker is off in the usa .
I used to exchange my ps2 with ease when it was broke , even with the sticker off but i dont expect that will be the case here.

Help

Why did you remove the sticker if you don't mind me asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users