#1 Dend78

Dend78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

Im guessing my problem lies within the fact that my board is like a 1.4 and my hard drive i have is out of a 1.6 but i could be wrong. I replaced the original one out of my xbox with a used one and im still getting the same error message in 6 or 7 different languages, and the light on the front flashes red, but the hard drive isnt makeing that annoying clicking sound like the previous one was (death click). My question is since this was pulled from a working xbox should it work or is it the same as computers when it comes to swapping hard drives.

#2 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:38 PM

do you have the eeprom from the original harddrive?

you can't just swap a hardrive from another because they
are locked. each xbox has it's own key eeprom

The only solution my be to get a modchip

#3 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

if you still have the xbox that the new hdd came from you could try hotswapping.

#4 Dend78

Dend78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

i still have the original hard drive i havent trashed it yet, only thing i have done to it is unhook it and slap the other one in, according to the person i got it from its supposedly unlocked, but i dont know enough about it to tell you anything else. a little more insight into it would be great. here is the link to the hard drive i bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

#5 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:44 PM

you need to get the eeprom.bin from your original xbox hdd and create a boot disc with xboxhdm
then you can lock the new hdd with the eeprom from your old hdd.
the mobo has an eeprom on it and checks the hdd to make sure they are the same. if they are not, it will not unlock and wont work. if you get a chip, you dont need the eeprom for anything.
simplest way to solve your problem: install chip, flash the chip with a bios, format hdd with slayers, done.

#6 Dend78

Dend78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(jabroniekilla @ Jul 18 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

you need to get the eeprom.bin from your original xbox hdd and create a boot disc with xboxhdm
then you can lock the new hdd with the eeprom from your old hdd.
the mobo has an eeprom on it and checks the hdd to make sure they are the same. if they are not, it will not unlock and wont work. if you get a chip, you dont need the eeprom for anything.
simplest way to solve your problem: install chip, flash the chip with a bios, format hdd with slayers, done.

how would i get the old eeprom.bin file if im getting the click of death from the old hard drive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users