1 reply to this topic

#1 polybus

polybus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:53 PM

I really like this game. I like to play online or on the skirmish mode because even on medium difficulty, the CPU presents a decent challenge. I haven't tried any harder than that yet.

I used to play Warcraft II on the computer and this game is different.

The buildings and units build much quicker than Warcraft which means you have to stay on your toes in the early going.

There is less variety of units in this game which I don't know if I like more or less than warcraft.

Also, because you are building, for the most part, battalions, its harder to pick apart your units and the battlefield becomes hectic fast. I kinda like the realism there.

Micromanaging can be difficult for your units but I was never good at micromanaging anyway smile.gif

It is easy to pick out your heroes so you can use their skills though.

overall a very addictive game.

#2 Rubix42

Rubix42

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:52 PM

I agree.

I do like that there are fewer types of units to be built, it allows me to focus more on my warfare strategy, instead of my economy.

I also enjoy that they didn't try to reinvent the wheel. The took the tried and true RTS method from the PC, and just gave it a simple to use, yet deep control scheme for a console.

I am a little bummed about the micromanaging. I am still having trouble with commanding troops to focus all attack power on one group of enemies, and then move to the next. I'm sure this can be done, I'm just not sure how yet. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users