X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, web design.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

how many per team or what have you? anything known as of now?

#2 GoyaBeans

GoyaBeans

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:26 AM

You probably know this by now becuase your post was on July 18th but as far as I've read on TXB.com's SR Multiplayer Impressions, its 5 on 5 with similar MP modes except they have different names. Slayer = Gangter for example. Off the top of my head, the article mentioned no limit as to how many weapons you can carry, and I think it said teamwork is a requirement.

So far things sound good for this game, ill wait a bit more to see if it holds up on XBL in terms of bugs, updates, and DL content before I purchase it.

-Hope this helps

You probably know this by now becuase your post was on July 18th but as far as I've read on TXB.com's SR Multiplayer Impressions, its 5 on 5 with similar MP modes except they have different names. Slayer = Gangter for example. Off the top of my head, the article mentioned no limit as to how many weapons you can carry, and I think it said teamwork is a requirement.

So far things sound good for this game, ill wait a bit more to see if it holds up on XBL in terms of bugs, updates, and DL content before I purchase it.

-Hope this helps

#3 b15ginz

b15ginz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:34 PM

holy crap. that sucks. no i didnt know.

i have GTA on my pc with the multiplayer hack. you can have a server with 99 other people in it besides yourself. shit tends to get hectic in the server with that many people. plus no lag = amazing fun.

however, 5 on 5? what the hell could they possibley do to have a 5 on 5? they need maps smaller than Counter Strike to do a 5 on 5. or maps smaller than COD2. this dissapoints me.

#4 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:01 PM

99! Wow! I want it now. Is it san andreas? Cos i didn't like that one. Vice City was my fav.

#5 b15ginz

b15ginz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

yes, san andreas. awesome. i only play at little whiteys. its 100 man server that never goes lower than 50. its in the las vegas part of the game. its real fun. i mainly race people with motocycles.
http://www.sa-mp.com/

#6 GoyaBeans

GoyaBeans

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:46 AM

Such has been the case for many XBL titles. The multiplayer aspect of some games is just a last minute add-on to extend the longevity of the game but in practicality the MP aspect blows. I guess the cost of game production these days has made developers cut corners and its the consumer that gets the short end. I am sure we can all think of games that have really been thought to be XBL all stars but have fallen way short.

Heck even 1st party XB developers cant get it right: Halo 2? PDZ? Hopefully PS3 can bring some fresh content to the table.

Let's hope SR sees more players, if I'm not mistaken, didn't MS have a saying a while back that went: It's Good to Play Together? dry.gif

#7 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

im willing to bet the levels get constricted in multiplayer like in the demo. as far as having alot of people in the level at once, have fun paying for dedicated servers, home connections just cant handle that many people.

#8 GoyaBeans

GoyaBeans

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

If dedicated servers are needed for 32+ games then what do the XBL membership fees cover? I understand the fees cover operation costs but what about dedicated servers? Or cheating for that matter.

#9 Ryan211

Ryan211

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

MP is fun, all i can say

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users