• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GMunson

GMunson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

After I upgraded from the original to a 320GB HDD, and added about 150GB of games, every second time that I go to "My Programs" the screen is black. Like I said, it's every-other time, so I can just hit back and click it again to see the programs, but it's still plenty annoying nonetheless...any ideas? (BTW, I'm running the 7/17 build of XBMC with the Project Mayhem III skin)

#2 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2006 - 08:44 AM

just to check, do you have both F and G partitions? if you just have one large F: partition, you are most likely suffering data corruption, as partitions larger than 256 GB are known to cause problems under the FATX file system that Xbox uses.
if this is not the case, then are you sure that XBMC is not simply building the database for all those games? it should take kindof a while to scan that much in. remember, they recently added a function which tracks the size of each item in My Programs, so when a new item is found, a function recursively scans that item to figure out its total size. "recursive scan" means it goes through and gets the file size on EVERY SINGLE FILE for that item.

i know a progress bar was added recently for this process, which pops up if a window has not loaded within a few seconds. if you are not seeing this AND your problem is not data corruption then you should post a debug log so that we can figure it out.

#3 GMunson

GMunson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:50 PM

I only have the F partition, that's got to be the problem...I guess I'll reformat it to have a G also...I was wondering why anyone would do that, thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users