• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dzer0

dzer0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

I would like to know how to paint unpaintable race cars, like the BMW M3 and the McLaren. I have seen it done, but I don't know how.

#2 dzer0

dzer0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

Bump, anyone have an answer? That McLaren F1 would be freaking awesome without the race paintjob.

#3 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:29 PM

Two methods;

1. "Glitch" the car by using a template from another paintable car. This will often turn out worse looking than the original design. However, the closer the cars look with regards to shape and lines (placement of the windows, etc) the better it will look.

There are currently no glitched designs out for the BMW that I know of. All I've seen got spots due to the BMW's wide body kit.

2. Edit the DDS car design templates in the XPR car files and just change the whole template. livery0.xpr is the shading template, livery0hi.xpr is the template used for the car design in the menu, and livery0nc.xpr is the car design in the game.

Both livery0 and livery0nc are packed with Forza's unique method and you cannot use standard xpr unpacker/packer apps for them.

Nor can you repack the car_X.cab without the tools for it. I am also unsure if your online opponents will see the edited template or the original. For the game it will be known as the original.

(What I'm currently looking into is to enable paintjobs and vinyls for the race cars so you can put vinyl on the cars)

Edited by DOS4GW, 21 August 2006 - 08:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users