• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kdiddlediddle

kdiddlediddle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:07 AM

I hope someone can help. Im tryin to find out where avalaunch looks for apps in hopefully a config file. Heres my problem.
I used to use XBMC as my default dashboard. I tried to update it. When i tried to launch it, it didnt work so i decided to try a different default dashboard and just run XBMC as an app when i wanted to use it. I now use avalaunch as my default dash (Alpha v.0.49.3, thats what my buddy put on there). It works great except when I try to load xbmc as an app, it says "please wait while launching xbox media center", then reloads avalaunch.
Im guessing its a problem of where avalaunch is looking to run that app. Ive searched forums and wasnt able to find anything about this. Any suggestions?

#2 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:03 AM

But your copy of XBMC wasn't working anyway?! Get the latest version of XBMC, put it in f/apps, make sure ava has f enabled in settings and you should be good. If you have a stock hdd then it would be e/apps.

#3 kdiddlediddle

kdiddlediddle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

yeah my XBMC wasnt working so i grabbed the latest build and did a fresh install as an app with avalaunch as my default dash. Now u said make sure F is enabled...im not sure where to do that. Is there a avalaunch n00b manual i havent found or can anyone give me any other advice?

#4 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Enable it in your MAIN SETTINGS. I am also having a problem with my xbox rebooting when I try to load ANYTHING including games. A few apps will load but most will not. Can anyone help me?

#5 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

Actually you have to enable it in your MAIN SETTINGS *AND* in the Avalaunch.xml file. That file is basic HTML. All you have to do is read an online tutorial on changing things in that file OR just try it yourself. It's fairly basic. FTP to your xbox from your computer and pull Avalaunch.xml onto your computer off the xbox C: drive.
Open it by RIGHT clicking the file in Windows and clicking EDIT. Open it with notepad, it tells you the basics in the file. Then you resave it and FTP it back to your Xbox. Make sure you don't reboot until all the options are exactly how you want them.

#6 rabbitshavefangs

rabbitshavefangs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Someone from high up said to load your MS DASH and delete any save states that are not GAME related. After that reload in Avalaunch and reboot. Then try opening that app or game you had a problem with prior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users