#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Atari has announced that their upcoming driving quasi-mmo, Test Drive Unlimited, will only cost $39.99. On top of they they are promising free add-on content on a regular basis. If they are telling the truth on even half of these things, that is great news. Click read more for the full press info.

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/3181/

great news indeed. i have been sitting on the fence about this game just because there are so many other good games coming out. however at this price it would be hard to turn this quality racer down. great gaphics, fresh MMO concept, and some fine tuned gameplay should be well worth the $40

#2 PC_Arcade

PC_Arcade

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

In the US maybe - in the UK it's the equivalent of $90! sad.gif

As far as I'm concerned that's a disgrace, and for THAT reason, I'm not buying it, nor any other Atari product, until they stop ripping the UK off.

Edited by PC_Arcade, 31 July 2006 - 03:43 PM.

#3 razalom

razalom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

Sadly the cheap price will only apply in the US. Europe and the rest of the world are going to be paying the usual high price for the game.

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3152525

Have a read of the article. They blame it on the lower number of 360 users in the other areas.

#4 GSX

GSX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:48 AM

Thats sweet. I'm going to go hunting for this game this week. Maybe somebody will put it out early(gotta love best buy employees)

#5 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE(GSX @ Sep 3 2006, 09:55 PM) View Post

Maybe somebody will put it out early(gotta love best buy employees)

LOL so true. I usually get newly released games the night before, about 30 minutes before BB closes.

But about this game, i'm planning on getting it but I read that the reason why this game will only cost $40 is because of the loads of microtransactions that will be released for this game.

QUOTE(SteveTwo over @ GameSpot)
Be warned, it's going to retail for $40 because it's chock-full-o microtransactions. Expect to be paying real world money for parts and bling, atleast some of them.

They certainly ain't retailing it at $40 to be nice. If they charge $60 and have the amount of microtransactions they are intending everyone would return it. A local game store got 5 Chromehounds returns the day the 100/60pt microtransactions came out.
Posted Aug 23, 2006 4:05 pm PT

I would hate to spend X amount points just to get some new parts on some tint or rims (already bad enough MS has me blowing money on them). I'll wait until the day after release to see what Atari will do.

#6 MattyT

MattyT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Sports, Guitar, 360.
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(razalom @ Aug 1 2006, 03:01 PM) View Post

Sadly the cheap price will only apply in the US. Europe and the rest of the world are going to be paying the usual high price for the game.

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3152525

Have a read of the article. They blame it on the lower number of 360 users in the other areas.

... sad.gif

Not to side track drastically (and im no america hater, ive got a lot of freinds in the states) but....

U.S. residents consume an average of 12,133 kilowatt-hours of electricity each, almost nine times greater than the average for the rest of the world.

And yet were still being asked to lower OUR oil consumptions by bush here in the UK (i know were not energy saving perfect btw, but far closer to the word than most americans), whilst paying double the price for petrol, games, electronics, surfboards, etc. (random list i know, but you get the jist).

I think that is what sucks nowadays, glad ive had my rant biggrin.gif

Also, it makes far more sense to lower the costs to other countries to encourage 360 buying than to price slash explicitley for the large amount of followers in the US (who would pay the normal amount for the game anyway). pop.gif

Edited by MattyT, 04 September 2006 - 08:32 AM.

#7 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:53 AM

im still waiting for some reviews guys =) i dont likfe ign i like what yall have to say about it...

oh, i pour electricity on my corn flakes in the morning =) i love it electric bill last month was 758$

#8 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:17 AM

game is totally worth it. Although the player created challenges are ridiculous. Hmm, I probably need a better car.

#9 dantok

dantok

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Everything you wanan do with an xbox:)<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:54 PM

Haha! it's a Kick ass game! I got mine for $62 SGD. which is about..... $39 dollars!

Lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users