• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:52 AM

Joystiq interviews Greg Canessa of XBLA
Posted by XanTium | July 21 01:52 EST

From joystiq.com:

Today, I sat down with Greg Canessa, the group manager for Xbox Live Arcade, and we spoke about the service as a whole and what was in store for this successful extension of the Xbox 360. We touched on everything from what effect Nintendo's Virtual Console might have to the fact that Texas Hold 'Em poker will not be free -- despite previous statements that it would.

* We hear that it takes quite a while for the approval process a game must go through in order to make it onto Xbox Live Arcade. Is this true and if so, how will it affect Microsoft's ability to come through on the promise of at least one new XBLA game every Wednesday?
* The process does take a while. Some developers and publishers just underestimate the amount of time it takes in the approval process. As far as making sure games come out every Wednesday, that won't be a problem. We have over 80 titles that are currently in development and have been cuing up releases in secret. What we're doing with our new XBLA Wednesday program is merely bringing structure to the whole process.

* What happened with Street Fighter II? Why the delay?
* Capcom just needed more time. Simple as that. They wanted to make sure they got it right because they knew the expectations were going to be very high for that game. There were a lot of multiplayer aspects that needed to be perfected so there wouldn't be any unnecessary lag and things like that. We wanted that game to be as smooth as possible.

Read the whole interview on joystiq.com

#2 juanman

juanman

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:22 AM

they need to get ome really good classics liek tetris, and well, tetris. maybe some others ones too, but mainly tetris... blink.gif

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:23 AM

* What happened with Street Fighter II? Why the delay?
* Capcom just needed more time. Simple as that. They wanted to make sure they got it right because they knew the expectations were going to be very high for that game. There were a lot of multiplayer aspects that needed to be perfected so there wouldn't be any unnecessary lag and things like that. We wanted that game to be as smooth as possible.

So... that means if there is lag we get to hold someone accountable muhaha.gif

I remember an EA developer saying once that it's ok to miss deadlines because no one remembers that your game was late once it comes out, but everyone will remember if your game sucked.

I think it's true... to a point once a game has been delayed long enough people will remember. I wont soon forget the DOA4 delay fiasco or the one here surrounding SF2HF. Even still I'd rather wait then pay for a crap game.

#4 djzzib

djzzib

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:09 PM

Add me if you wanna get pwn3d in SF II. muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#5 Sc4rfac3

Sc4rfac3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

Sounds good to me but i cant wait for sf2hf

#6 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:39 PM

The next batch of titles will be announced in the coming week. Niiiice!!!

Lumines and Contra, oh please, oh please, oh please... biggrin.gif

As for Hold Em' I hate to see MS contradict what they said about it being free, but I could care less about the game. I don't have my console to play card games. sleeping.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users