4 replies to this topic

#1 luis

luis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 07:34 PM

i put a prepared hard drive on the xbox and i put a bootable dvd-r and i still get error 16 i know it can't find the files because is blank but my friend tested the dvd-r in his xbox and it work great so what the deal with it,tell me something that can help me i got the xbox version 1.0 and the x2lite so what the deal with it.

#2 Bucker

Bucker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 07:55 PM

When you have your system disconnected for a period of time, the clock in the motherboard will reset. When this happens, the machine somehow knows to bypass the bios so that the clock can be set (it boots straight to the original dashboard). So, you need to put in your original drive, set the clock, then replace your HD with your new one (you can leave the power plugged in while you do this).

#3 luis

luis

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 07:56 PM

you think if i could get as near the dashboard i would be asking for help

Edited by luis, 08 May 2003 - 07:59 PM.

#4 snewyn

snewyn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 03:42 AM

I had the same problem.
I may be incorrect, but if your dashboard file gets messed up on the stock hard drive with the x2lite (and the stock bios that comes on it), you can't boot off a cd.
I had to get the x2pro chip so I can flash it with the pc.
Once I flashed it with the EvoX D.6 bios, it then booted from the CD.

So the only solution for you if nothing else works is to get the x2pro chip or one that can be flashed using the pc and a parallel cable.

#5 jhamlett

jhamlett

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2003 - 05:12 PM

I had the same problem and was able to flash my X2 Lite to D.6 with the new lite programmer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users