TomzUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Partying, Gaming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

Recieved this PCI SATA card in the mail today: http://www.newlinkpr.......&prodID=233

I bought it brand new from eBay and the seller ensured me that you can change this card from RAID to Native/IDE. Quote from seller: "This card is deafault set to NATIVE/IDE"...

I put the SATA Card in my computer, installed the driver, when my computer started it seemed to pick up my 360 DVD drive. I then went into my BIOS settings to try and change it from RAID to NATIVE/IDE, i couldn't seem to find where i could change it in my BIOS settings dry.gif . I am currently using a Dell PC, no doubt it came with a rubbish BIOS.

I just want to know what the problem is...

Could it be my BIOS sucks and won't let me change the SATA from RAID to NATIVE/IDE?
or
of where about on the BIOS settings i change it that would be appreciated.
Could it be that this SATA card can't even be changed from SATA to NATIVE/IDE?

or

Maybe im just retarded and can't work out where to change from RAID to NATIVE/IDE? (But i'm preety sure i've covered everything and can't find where to do it. If someone could get me a screenshot of where about in the BIOS settings i change from RAID to NATIVE/IDE that would be appreciated!)

Thanks for any help.

Tom.

Edited by TomzUK, 22 July 2006 - 04:20 PM.

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

I wouldn't worry about that yet. Which Xbox drive do you have? WHat is the chipset on that card?? (look at the biggest chip on there and tell me who makes it)

#3 TomzUK

TomzUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Havok @ Jul 22 2006, 05:05 PM) View Post

I wouldn't worry about that yet. Which Xbox drive do you have? WHat is the chipset on that card?? (look at the biggest chip on there and tell me who makes it)

360 Drive:

Hitach

SATA:

Newlink

Ali M5283 Chipset

Edited by TomzUK, 22 July 2006 - 05:05 PM.

#4 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:19 PM

I thought them sort of cards had there own bios that loads straight after the PC Bios. Is there any difference before XP now you put the card in?

#5 TomzUK

TomzUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Jul 22 2006, 05:26 PM) View Post

I thought them sort of cards had there own bios that loads straight after the PC Bios. Is there any difference before XP now you put the card in?

Yeah it does have a BIOS, only looked at it once, i couldnt see where i change it to NATIVE though, was fiddling around with it for a good 10mintues.

#6 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

Keep looking, probably called something weird. Did it come with a manual? Have a look through it, it should describe all the bios options and features.

#7 TomzUK

TomzUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(bucko @ Jul 22 2006, 07:25 PM) View Post

Keep looking, probably called something weird. Did it come with a manual? Have a look through it, it should describe all the bios options and features.

lol... found a SATA port on my PC motherboard and been trying with that the last few hours.

I'm seriously getting pissed, absolutely no options to change settings for SATA port on motherboard. I will try the SATA card again in a minute.

Someone tell me if i'm doing ANYTHING wrong:

PC and 360 are turned off, i have power cable and video cable plugged into the 360, i then connect the SATA cable from PC into the 360 DVD drive. I turn the 360 on (takes about 15seconds to get to the dashboard, very odd), i then turn the PC on and boot SLAX CD, sometimes it will just stay on BIOS screen and i have to turn off the PC but when it does boot the SLAX CD it comes up loads of writing (as it should do) and then it just spams my screen with this message over and over again: "ACPI Exception (utmatex-0257): TIME Thread 0 could not acquire Mutex [8] [20060127]". And that's as far as i get before having to turn the PC off.

I've also done a Diagnostic test and it picks up my 360 DVD drive when my 360 is on. Would it pick it up even it the SATA was set to RAID?

Is there a later version over SLAX? I'm currently using the one from GeeBee's latest tutorial and i have burned it twice.

My brain is actually frying, i've been at this for about 6 hours and i'm sure i'm doing everything right.

I really do appreciate any who has helped.

Edited by TomzUK, 22 July 2006 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users