Photo

Two Different Kernel Versions, But Which One To Use?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mr_foot

mr_foot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:35 PM

Hi, I've searched the forums for an answer to this question to no avail.

I'm attempting to install the nDure softmod to replace my current softmod. (SID softmod I think...) anyways, I did all my backups first and FTPed them to the laptop, and also wrote down everything I could from ConfigMagic, like the unlock code, etc.

As of right now, I can't even boot up the xbox because I screwed something up on it when I attempted to install nDure. I think maybe used the wrong Kernel fonts. I'm going to try to fix it using xboxhdm since I've got backups and the unlock codes and eeprom.bin and all that stuff. The problem is:

I don't know which KERNEL version I have. Evox reported version 5101 (at least, it said: "(256)5101" on the main screen), but when I ran the MS Dash from the menu item in Evolution-X, and went to system info, it said I had version 5838, and dashboard 5690. (i think I'm right on the dash version... didn't write it down.)

I am very confused as to which Kernel Version I have... I've tried to look up my serial #, but it seems that the date my xbox was manufactured could be either v1.4 or 1.5, and the funny thing is that the Kernel versions associated with those versions don't seem to match either of the TWO kernel versions that my xbox was reporting.

So basically my QUESTION to you: Should I install the nDure softmod using xboxhdm with the 5101 Kernel fonts, or the 5838 Kernel fonts?

Thank you very much if you are able to help.
regards
-mr_foot

"The secret to finding a thing, is knowing where it is." - Tigger 1991

#2 mr_foot

mr_foot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:28 AM

Nevermind, I figured it out. The (250)5101 was my BIOS version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users