scorpideath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

Ok, this might make me sound a bit stupid... but I went to clean my Xbox Jewel so I can mod it...

Well, I THOUGHT I found a faster way to get the green off, by using paint thinner, cause I have yet to see that in the tutorials, I think.

Anyway... It was in a paint thinner can... but after further investigation... AFTER I used it on the jewel... I found out that someone switched the paint thinner and put FUEL INJECTOR FLUID in it... >_>

My hands were burning really bad >_< My jewel on the other hand... it unfortunately has a few cracks in it... And by a few... I mean very noticable ones... It sucks, but I could still mess with it, or take my friends o.O

Oh well, atleast I tried (and giving a warning) O.o

#2 2con

2con

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:01 AM

Haha wtf. Lmao thats funny. Why did that shit make it crack? hmm. Did it come out clean and now cloudy tho?

#3 scorpideath

scorpideath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:07 AM

Eh, overall, it's not... TOO bad, it's kinda rough around the parts where the fluid start eating the plastic away

#4 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:03 PM

peice of advice

when doing something like cleaning a jewel...something thats been done for years now...and its done all the time..and is practically a rutine mod... if the method you are doing it, hasnt been done.. there is more often than not, a good reason why. i would ask before attempting some new strategy lol

#5 Loaded_Gun_Complex

Loaded_Gun_Complex

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

A great way i found was nail polish remover ... but it has made a crack or 2 before and that is because of the way the chemicles work (when cold) on the plastic. what i would suggest is keeping whatever it is you use at room temp.

#6 lopes101

lopes101

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:xbox<br />xbox<br />hockey<br />xbox<br />xbox

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

i just sanded it off...classic way but very effective..i feel bad for you for messing up your jewel...maybe you should make sure the product is the actual product for plunging in your jewel haha.... rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

#7 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

You could really have some serious damage to yourself and the jewel. Its best to read tutorials before you mod, so that you know what your doing. I personally like to sand xbox jewels and then fine sand, then use toothpaste to polish the jewel.

#8 scorpideath

scorpideath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE(War_Machine @ Jul 23 2006, 09:10 AM) View Post

peice of advice

when doing something like cleaning a jewel...something thats been done for years now...and its done all the time..and is practically a rutine mod... if the method you are doing it, hasnt been done.. there is more often than not, a good reason why. i would ask before attempting some new strategy lol

Right, so my point was to try something new that nobody has done. Makes it look like nobody thought of it. I tried it to see if it would work because paint thinner, is as it says, 'paint thinner' which, the real stuff would have worked because I've used it on different types of plastics before. However, it wasn't paint thinner. If I knew it wasn't paint thinner, I would NOT have used it.

Why would I ask about something I know for a fact works? O.o that would make no sense...

Anyway, @ no0b123; yes, I know I could have done damage to myself, as well as the jewel. However, as I just told War_Machine, I didn't know. Nobody ever told me it wasn't paint thinner, nor does anybody even know WHY fuel injector fluid was even in there. Also, I did read the tutorials, I have nothing else the other tutorials offer, I lost my sandpaper somehow, and ever though my jewel is somewhat scratched... I'm going to attempt to polish it with toothpaste as well.

I just better check to see if it's even toothpaste >_>

(Sorry if I seem rude, but common sense?)

#9 devilmaycry666

devilmaycry666

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

Whats "FUEL INJECTOR FLUID." exactly? You mean injector cleaner? Yes, most stuff like that well burn your hands. <Thinks>Good times</thinks>

BTW, paint thinner would melt the jewel

Edited by devilmaycry666, 23 July 2006 - 10:10 PM.

#10 scorpideath

scorpideath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

No it wont o.O I've tried it before on my friends, and it worked just fine. I still look at it in awe

#11 devilmaycry666

devilmaycry666

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

Ok fine... Retards that use to much paint thinner well melt the jewel.

#12 dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Computers, modding, xbox, guitar, dirt bikes, drums
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:43 AM

I used paint thinner on my jewel and it got really foggy.

I don't know for sure, but there are probably diffrent strenghts of paint thiner.

He says his works fine, mine made my jewel cloudy, and devilmaycry said it melts the plastic.

#13 no0b123

no0b123

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts
  • Interests:Just xbox :p
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE(dan_plus_o @ Jul 23 2006, 10:50 PM) View Post

I used paint thinner on my jewel and it got really foggy.

I don't know for sure, but there are probably diffrent strenghts of paint thiner.

He says his works fine, mine made my jewel cloudy, and devilmaycry said it melts the plastic.

Just depends on how Hcapped you really are laugh.gif

Too much melts the plastic and makes it cloudy. The best solution I personally believe is fine sanding and then polishing it.

#14 juan_2006

juan_2006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

Careful with the paint thiner......you dont want to get addicted to that shit.....i know why i tell you this....my uncle has been doing that shit for like 20 years...he is really messed up...

When i did my jewel i just sanded it and painted it white (from behind)...it looks really good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users