• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:52 AM

(XBMC is my Dashboard)
I Recently updated to the newest cvs...
I Go to restart...
And I get this shit...

"XBMC Fatal Error
Invalid or missing <home> tag in xml - no skins found, or...(the rest gets cut off)"

Which I'd Have To Say Is Not Good! mad.gif

#2 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

you know what isn't good? when you don't read instructions before doing something like that...
the file xboxmediacenter.xml was removed in the past month or so.
the <home> tag was removed a good 6 months ago.
the readme which comes with each build of XBMC reflects this and explains the proper way to install XBMC.

#3 ShortGuy365

ShortGuy365

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for the info but...
I followed the instructions to the letter, and i know there is no more xml. Still my box is giving me this message!

#4 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

i'm assuming you're getting a black sceen with red text. is the FTP server still getting run?

if it is, you should do a "clean" reinstall. simply delete the entire XBMC directory as well as the savegame files, then transfer the latest T3CH build over.

the other thing that helps is if you could have a look at the log file XBMC makes (xboxmediacenter.log, in the same location as the default.xbe). if this log doesn't tell YOU whats wrong, post it here. this is a secondary fallback measure assuming that the clean reinstall didn't work. the main things that can cause these sorts of errors is when people run the XBE in a different location from the resources (which like i said is NOT supported any more), and files getting corrupted while in transit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users