• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ibrokemyfriendsxbox

ibrokemyfriendsxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

So here's the deal. I am house sitting for a friend. I went to play her xbox and about five minutes into game play the light around the eject button began flashing orange. I called customer service and they simply said to send it in to them. I am hoping that this is something that I could fix as I don't want to have to pay for repairs on someone else's xbox when I haven't even bought my own yet! Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 nightmare84j28

nightmare84j28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:50 PM

Sounds like overheating to me.

I would take it apart and clean the dust but thats me.

#3 ibrokemyfriendsxbox

ibrokemyfriendsxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

I'm willing to try it. anyone willing to give some instructions? I totally appreciate the help.

#4 devilmaycry666

devilmaycry666

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:53 AM

Google xbox case removal

#5 dan_plus_o

dan_plus_o

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Computers, modding, xbox, guitar, dirt bikes, drums
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:53 AM

No way! I would never open an xbox if it did not belong to me.

It may still be under warranty!

It is obvious when you open up the xbox because you have to poke holes in the sticker (Although you could try peeling it off, then sticking it back on).

Just tell your friend that you didn't do anything and its not your fault. BUT if you open it then you can't fix it then your friend will think you broke it because you opened it.

I would just leave it alone, or at least make sure that the warranty has expired.

Is there a error screen that shows up on the tv?? There are guides that explain what error number smean what and they probably tell you what the flashing orange means (In case it is something else then overheating).

Here is a guide to opening your xbox. http://www.xbox-scen...icles/open1.php
You will need to torx screwdrivers. torx 10 and torx 20. The guide says, "Don't start without those 2 screw drivers or you'll nuke your xbox." although I opened my xbox with a alan key (that was perfect size), and a small flat head screwdriver.

EDIT:
I found a few guides that might be handy.

http://xbox-scene.co...ticles/leds.php
http://xbox-scene.co.../red-orange.php
http://xbox-scene.co.../errorcodes.php

Edited by dan_plus_o, 25 July 2006 - 07:00 AM.

#6 brewed4you

brewed4you

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:15 AM

I've never tried this myself but if you don't want the xbox to look like it's been opened I've heard that heating the sticker with a hairdryer will help it peel up as a whole instead of that checkerboard pattern.

#7 poo87

poo87

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Interests:Cutting, sanding, painting, lighting, anything I can get my hands on to. Oh yea, I play bass too.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:37 AM

It might of just been that xbox's "time" and in no way related to your 5 mins of playing. I would just tell him what happened before doing anything, you don't want to mess it up anymore wink.gif It actually might have been shutting off for awhile now, my friend had one that would shut off then if you waited awhile you could turn it back on(it did eventually die sleep.gif ) im just saying don't get over your head here, hope everything turns out for the best.

[off topic] thats gotta be one of the funniest uernames I've ever seen, lmao laugh.gif [/off topic]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users