• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sycotichalo77

sycotichalo77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:05 AM

I installed a 2.3b light+ into a xbox without a harddrive, well the chip was installed by a installer. And I installed a 160 gig WD. The bios pulled up fine, then my brother flashed what was in the chip to the harddrive, well he copied it. And now when I turn on the xbox it starts fraggin with no video what so ever. So I bought a programmer, there were really no good tutorials on how to convert the 2.6 programmer to use with a 2.3, however everything flashed, it did not verify but it did however read back that everything was on the chip, but where the title should say Flashbios, it said "Unknown"? Some forums said it should just plug in, and some said to solder a wire from the programmer to the chip first, so i did not solder a wire, I went with the first option. Well I hooked everything back up and turned it on and it is still doing the same thing, fraggin with no video. Can someone tell me what I should do, or what I shouldnt do? The xbox is a older version, not a 1.6 for sure. But the sticker is worn down on the bottom so i dont have a way of telling exactly what version it is.

Oh yeah, when I used the programmer I did not have the bank switches attached to the chip, on my chip they are separate. My chip is blue, all the pics I seen the chip was red?

And when the chip is fraggin the lights are blue and the bank light is green, some people ask that is the reason I mentioned, tryin to list everything that I can. If I missed anything please let me know.

And also I already tried switching the banks, it just did the same as the first one.

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:07 AM

This is the best way to see which version you have.

What bios did you try to flash to it with the programmer?

#3 sycotichalo77

sycotichalo77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:09 PM

Thanks man, but unfortunatly that told me that I have a V1.6b. X2 5035 is what I reprogrammed the chip with, but I think I used the one that wasnt for a v1.6.

#4 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

Try the 1.6 version and you should be fine.

#5 sycotichalo77

sycotichalo77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:23 PM

Ok I have found the X2 5035 V16 plus is the version I need for a 1.6b xbox with a 2.3 light+ xecuter chip. But I also read that you have to run a disk if you have a new harddrive, is that the disk that comes with it, or is it slayers? And also I can not find a tutorial for using a programmer on the chip, they are for the 2.3 pro. And it says something about me having to run a extra wire for a 2.3b+ light, does that sound right. I reflashed my chip last night and where it says the flash bios name on the display of what is on the bank, it just said unknown, was that because I used the wrong bios or because it wasnt installed properly on the programmer, I am leaning more towards the install part, because their are more pins obviously on the programmer because it fits to a 2.6 and below. But if it starts erasing and reflashing wouldnt that mean I had it installed right on the programmer? Cause some tutorial said i had to do everything backwards since it was a 2.3b light, but do what backwards? Sorry for all the questions but I am so confused and pissed that I got myself into this mess.

#6 sycotichalo77

sycotichalo77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

Ok I have done as much research as I can on this situation. And it leaves me with this, the modchip is installed correctly as I checked the 3 led's on the chip, which by teamxecuter tells me that the color pattern that I have means it is in fact installed correct. So my problem is strictly software. I have the X2_5035_v16plus_512k that I have been told to program my chip by using the programmer that I bought. However when I follow the proper steps it will not load the software up. It does however load the X2_4983.06_256k, and as I take it this is the old bios for the chip. My files have been extracted, it just will not pull up on the chip. So I tried the X2_4983.06_256k instead, but after I started my xbox it still does the same thing, and also when I go to bank 2. So what am i doing wrong for my programmer not putting the v16plus on the chip. And since I am using a 2.3b light+, am I suppose to use a extra wire from my chip to my programmer? There are two sets of red wires that are suppose to connect to the chip to the programmer, but I read not to do it on the 2.3b, that it will fry it. That it is only for the 2.3a.Now remember when I first installed the new 160 gig hard drive everything worked fine, but we used the copy that was on the chip bios to copy to the new hard drive, which we used a disk to do that, but found out that the disk was not a bios like I was told, it was a dash of some kind, but not sure which. Then when we restarted the xbox it started fraggin with christmas lights and there has been no video since.

#7 sycotichalo77

sycotichalo77

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:07 PM

Ok problem has been fixed. It was in fact a software issue, I was running X2 bios manager V 22, which is an out of date manager, so i ran version 23 and it worked like a charm. Mods can you close this thread, i am done here and need to post a new one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users