• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rxbox99

rxbox99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:24 AM

This is my first dealings with and X-Chip, although I have installed a couple of Xecutor chips but it was awhile ago.

Anyways, a friend of a friend installed all of the hardware and asked me to get the bios/dashboard going for him. Sounded easy enough, but now I can't get past go.

I have tried connecting the USB adapter to my PC and Windows sees the device, and the red-light on the chip comes on, but when I launch X-Control the light on the chip never goes out and the red-x in the upper left-hand corner of the software never goes green.

Can someone point me in the right direction???

Thanks in advance. biggrin.gif

#2 rxbox99

rxbox99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

Nobody yet?

Can I provide more information? Let me know what you need from me to put me in the right direction...

#3 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:40 AM

are you sure you installed the USB drivers correctly?
its kinda tricky the first time around. if I remember correctly....
first you plugin your x-chip,
then (assuming your running xp)
a wizzard should come up asking if you want to install a driver. go ahead and go through that. If it asks you for a directory look in C:/program files/x-chip/usb drivers/ezusb.sys

once thats all set, fireup X-control.
it may ask you to go through the driver thing again, select the directory again if needed,
then you should be looking at the red LED on the chip go out (if i remember correctly) and the red X in the x-control window turn to a green X allowing you access to the bios banks. remember that the x-chip uses its own base file type bios so stick with either the orginal cromwell or X-chip_evox_V1.3 bios.

(if you need more guidence hit me up)

remember! the order of the usb driver installation may vary slightly, but its still important to keep a similar order to the explanation above!

Edited by 82_Z28, 01 August 2006 - 05:42 AM.

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

there's a set of directions for the x-control under the start/all programs/xchip/x-control users guide. Please read this it will better describe how to connect your xchip to your computer for flashing. 82_Z28 was completly correct but i wanted to show him where the directions were for ensuring a positive usb connection.

#5 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:26 AM

I was looking all over for that guide biggrin.gif
thanks for the directory tihspeed

Edited by 82_Z28, 02 August 2006 - 01:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users