CURRENT PACKAGE: "XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3.RAR" - 07/25/2006 - 998,339bytes
* ALL NEW Xtreme v1.3 firmware for all versions of Hitachi Drives
- Complete fast booting of backups, just like the Samsung drive!
- Thanks to "Geremia" for the full answer of better "media detect"
- Removed the "Birdy" double-tap EJECT trick (not needed anymore)
- Still in place the "Birdy" Mode B tweak for Windows usage
* EVEN MORE IMPROVED FLASHing
- Fail-Safe flashing system - Almost no chance of BRICKed drives!
* GREATLY IMPROVED RESTORing - Can restore drive with NO BACKUP!
* Birdy is hard at work on the "Security Sector Extraction"
- Birdy has released a test package for the v46 drives
- Many small problems with the GETSS program by "Specturm4eva"
* Update to be released this week for complete Security Sector Reading
- After we have tested it fully on the all working Hitachi drives.
P.S. This is the same as "Geremia" release but we have removed the "Birdy" tray tweak.
* Sorry "Birdy", but thanks to "Geremia" in the new hack for media detection, that old
tray trick tweak is causing problems with some users, and there is no need for it any
more due to the fact the games load up now with no problems.
* Sorry for the delay in releasing packages, but I have some outside problems to take
care off, and my brain was dreaming in HEX so it needed a short rest.
* This package has an IMPROVED flashing, almost ZERO chance of BRICKing your drive now!
* No need to restore your drive, this package will update over any version of hacked firmware.
* If the FLASHing program says SAME, it means your drive is already at Xtreme v1.3 so no need to re-flash it.
* If the FLASHing program says PASS, it means it PASS, don't worry if you see a "error" above in the batch text,
It just means that sector was already flashed and didn't need updating, or the flash failed after it flash the data.
* If the FLASHing program quits after starting the FLASH, and does not RETRY then it means something is unstable
in your system, just shut-down all background programs, and try again or try in safe mode.
* Always make sure you run the batch file from the directory where all the files are. Change to "X-LG" directory first
Edited by garyopa, 26 July 2006 - 03:08 AM.