12 replies to this topic

#1 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:09 AM

well, i was thinking of a thing, those wireless controller adapters a pretty ugly sitting in the front of the xbox. so my question are: is it posible to ad 2 extra controllerports to the back of the box? does the wires reach all the way back, if not, what kind of wire should i extend it with?

#2 bbassett

bbassett

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:47 PM

is it possible? yes
do the wires reach to the back? no
what type of wire should i use? anything, really... i just used some of that grey cable that you would use for your hdd (generally ppl have tons of it...) and it works great.
if you wanted to, you could make it so that you can leave your wireless plugged in, and then when you dont wnat to use it, just plug in a wired controller and it will turn it off, but you would need to buy some relays... but usually if people do that, they just build them in... but still, whatever floats your boat, you can just splice the wires in, but then you have to make sure that you only plug in one at a time.

#3 classicsat

classicsat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Technical stuff, not much of a gamer, and if that, more non-combative simulations thant anything.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:08 PM

I buy cheap USB cables and cut them up. A chunk of cat5 will probably do.

#4 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:48 PM

great, i have tons of computerparts home from some messed up computers tongue.gif now i only have to find a controllerport to put in jester.gif

#5 brewed4you

brewed4you

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:51 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but you just want the ports on the back so you can hide the wireless reciever right? If thats what your saying then you can wire the recievers internally, just cut the port wires inside the xbox and solder them into the reciever. If you want to still be able to plug in a wired controller then you need to use a relay or something to switch between them.

#6 elpimpo12

elpimpo12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

If that's the route you want to take, there's a tutorial for the relay connection on the home page. There's probably one floating around on the forum, but I've never looked for it.

#7 joetgamer

joetgamer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

yea it would probably be easier just to hard wire the reciever inside rather than add cont. ports.

#8 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

well, i could do that, but thats not an option for me right now(i sat like 2 hours wiring up my box a couple of days ago when i was installing activity leds, but i was worth it...) darn, now i'm confused.. maybe i should do the internal installation instead... rolleyes.gif

#9 lopes101

lopes101

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:xbox<br />xbox<br />hockey<br />xbox<br />xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

if you wnat to actually bring the ports ot the back, it would be kool, )if you want to do some extra kool work that would look sweet in the end...to move say controller port 3 + 4 to the back literally and fill in the wholes in the front...then paint the xbox...that would be a neat project..

#10 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

hehe yeah, maybe it would.. but maybe not, it would bring a unbalanced feeling huh.gif so the internal wireless thingy would be cooler.. the thing i have to do now is to understand twistedsymphony's tutorial from xbox-scene... i think i got it after like 30 min of thinkin, but it's the middle of the night right now i sweden so in the morning i have another shot at it.

#11 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:56 PM

if u want both.,.. just use a relay and put ur recivers inside. then u dont have to move any ports, and the recivers will be hard wired inside of the xbox. me, personally, i dont like ports at all. i always hardwire shit in, and bondo up the ports. fuck plugs lol

#12 R8zerBlade

R8zerBlade

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:modding the sh@t out of xbox's! um... thats it.

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:23 AM

you want it mounted internally its much easier wiring job and it looks plain cool!!!! "look ma... no plug in and its wireless!!!"

#13 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:38 AM

could somebody explain step 2 in this tut? http://www.xbox-scen...-dvd-dongle.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users