#1 VaporStone

VaporStone

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 May 2003 - 05:03 AM

i have a newest x2 bios that does the boot sequence so i renamed avalaunch as evoxdash.xbe and when i restart it just hangs at the XBOX screen like it wont load the dash but when i go into boXplorer and load the dash it works fine and 1 more thing my network dont work although the settings r identical to evox

PLEASE help

Thanx in advance

#2 the joker

the joker

Avalaunch Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2003 - 08:50 AM

hmm..... gotta be something with the mounting of drives, that's a common problem from earlier.

-team ava

#3 razorrifh

razorrifh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2003 - 03:52 PM

some of your settings might be wrong, because i can load it fine as evoxdash.xbe. just a thought.

#4 TeXBoX

TeXBoX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:50 PM

For now i have the avalaunch folder in e:appsavalaunch, is it just to copy the default.xbe file to c: and rename it to evoxdash.xbe?

Or how do i do it? I mean if i want to use avalaunch as my default dashboard.

#5 rbatina

rbatina

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 02:23 PM

Actually, I am having that problem too... which is why I came here, and found this through a search for "hangs" rolleyes.gif

I did the same thing - on a new xbox, just copied over the default.xbe, avalaunch.xml, and "media" folder to the xbox C: drive (and of course renamed the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe) and my system also just hangs at the opening screen - showing the big X and the "executor2" logotext.

And again, if I boot with the same cd that I copied those files from - it works fine.

I'm using the 4977 bios on a 1.1 box, and have tried file names of evoxdash.xbe evoXdash.xbe and avadash.xbe

Any suggestions are appreciated.

#6 spid

spid

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 September 2003 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (rbatina @ Sep 6 2003, 04:23 PM)
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Did you try to change static/dynamic ip? and/or disable the newsfeed & apod...
I just installed for a friend via pcanywhere and it seems to be something with static ip togehter with newsfeed that locks it up..

#7 rbatina

rbatina

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 10:31 PM

I'll have to check those settings... basically I'm just doing a default install on a new box - so I didn't really tweak the settings any. I figured I'd play with evox and avalaunch a bit both from CDR and figure out which one would work best before I really customize and install permanantly. tnx for the tips - I'll give it a shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users