• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 toostrike

toostrike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

I'm sure people are standing in line with some negative comments,but hear me out.I have the original x-box and ps2,and was at odds on which system to buy in the future. A PS3 or X-box 360?The smart choice is to wait.The price will drop on the core system and games after a year or two.

The best console system right now is your pc.Why? because MS has made the 360 controller for the pc.This is a major break through for pc gamers.Check out some of this information.

http://www.wikihow.c...ler-for-Windows

You can then link to the pinnacle website and check out this great software.This software will help your configure the 360 to some of the lastest games so you can use a controller.You can get updates with games already configured to the the 360 controller or map your own buttons.This will also help you set your anlalog controls as tight as you need.You can also configure the 360 to run an plenty of older games.I love using this for sports,and fps.

You can build a high end pc for cheap compared to a crappy pre-built you buy in a store.You can replace your dvd rom for cheap when it wears out,and set up much better cooling atmosphere for long hours of gaming.The best part is you can tap your pc into your tv.

Edited by toostrike, 29 July 2006 - 01:08 AM.

#2 halofun121

halofun121

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(toostrike @ Jul 28 2006, 07:59 PM) View Post

The best console system right now is your pc.Why? because MS has made the 360 controller for the pc.This is a major break through for pc gamers.Check out some of this information.

How is this a major breakthough? Game pads have been avaliable for ages for the PC.

QUOTE(toostrike)

You can build a high end pc for cheap compared to a crappy pre-built you buy in a store.You can replace your dvd rom for cheap when it wears out,and set up much better cooling atmosphere for long hours of gaming.The best part is you can tap your pc into your tv.

I agree with you here. But not everyone knows how to build a PC. This is where consoles come in.

#3 toostrike

toostrike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:17 AM

Yes! Major breakthrough.PC game pad controllers for the most part are average at best.Now your able to get a great controller!!!For a long time pc game developers never used a standard game pad design to pre-map buttons because of all the third party vendors.With the x-box 360 a new standard will be set because it is endorsed by M$.Let me give you a great example.95% of pc game controllers SUCK!

On a side note you can buy a pre-built pc (with good parts inside) online without worrying about a build.You will get a much better pc and a better warrenty.(i.e)Dell and gaming should not be used in the same sentence.

Edited by toostrike, 29 July 2006 - 01:31 AM.

#4 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:24 AM

I agree that the compatibility and quality of the 360 wired controller is the best there has been for the PC, but PC games are still not presently optimized for it. There is no aiming assist for PC FPS's or 3rd person shooters with a controller, and such.

Oh, and a PC is not a 'console'.

#5 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE(toostrike @ Jul 28 2006, 08:24 PM) View Post

Yes! Major breakthrough.PC game pad controllers for the most part are average at best.Now your able to get a great controller!!!For a long time pc game developers never used a standard game pad design to pre-map buttons because of all the third party vendors.With the x-box 360 a new standard will be set because it is endorsed by M$.Let me give you a great example.95% of pc game controllers SUCK!

On a side note you can buy a pre-built pc (with good parts inside) online without worrying about a build.You will get a much better pc and a better warrenty.(i.e)Dell and gaming should not be used in the same sentence.

I also have to say you can get some games on consoles you cannot get on a PC. SO I play games on console for more enjoyment and selection.

#6 toostrike

toostrike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:48 AM

The pc is not a console,but you can have many more options and diversity.On the control issue.Pinnacle software can map your mouse and keyboard control to your gamepad.With a mouse I can target a enemy in a heartbeat.Now,if the mouse is configured to an analog stick,I have some kick-ass control.Take some games like far-cry,and cod2,and ask about control.Believe me, it's not an issue

On game choices,I think pc deveolpers will design more games with M$ pc controller in mind.

Edited by toostrike, 29 July 2006 - 01:54 AM.

#7 Excitedguy

Excitedguy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:30 AM

I have a lot of knowledge on how to build computers and all that, but i still refuse to play PC games. Wanna know why? Because I play a lot of my games for the online features, and I can guarentee every PC game that supports an online feature will have cheaters and hackers. You bearly ever (if not any) cheaters or hackers when playing xbox live on 360.

#8 Gbeav

Gbeav

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(toostrike @ Jul 28 2006, 06:55 PM) View Post

The pc is not a console,but you can have many more options and diversity.On the control issue.Pinnacle software can map your mouse and keyboard control to your gamepad.With a mouse I can target a enemy in a heartbeat.Now,if the mouse is configured to an analog stick,I have some kick-ass control.Take some games like far-cry,and cod2,and ask about control.Believe me, it's not an issue

On game choices,I think pc deveolpers will design more games with M$ pc controller in mind.

Consoles will always have shitty targeting in any type of shooter. It doesn't mean it doesnt have a place with younger children who don't have any cash. Yes if you want to play a shooter do it on a PC, but the market for people that don't have enough cash to have a high end PC is larger.

The 360 has a market, it is a poorer market, but it is there.

QUOTE(Excitedguy @ Jul 28 2006, 07:37 PM) View Post

I have a lot of knowledge on how to build computers and all that, but i still refuse to play PC games. Wanna know why? Because I play a lot of my games for the online features, and I can guarentee every PC game that supports an online feature will have cheaters and hackers. You bearly ever (if not any) cheaters or hackers when playing xbox live on 360.

Those days are over my friend.Go try to cheat on BF2 with punkbuster.

#9 raceboy404

raceboy404

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(Gbeav @ Jul 28 2006, 09:41 PM) View Post

Consoles will always have shitty targeting in any type of shooter. It doesn't mean it doesnt have a place with younger children who don't have any cash. Yes if you want to play a shooter do it on a PC, but the market for people that don't have enough cash to have a high end PC is larger.

The 360 has a market, it is a poorer market, but it is there.

Those days are over my friend.Go try to cheat on BF2 with punkbuster.

roflmao, punkbuster, there is ways around punkbuster(witch i well not tell anyone cause i am a good person who likes 2 keep cheaters away)and with counter-strike and half-life(2) use VAC witch can also be bi-passed

there is even ways past the au in halo 2, but i hope it will stay no 1 finds out how(and if they do they dont tell any1, cause thats all we need again)

and the broke part. pretty huch every 1 in america is in dept, there are justa few ppl in this world that actually can afford 2 bulid a pc, but there are alternatives. you dont need a super good mobo. but they are nice.

but prebulit pc's, you cant bet them. i got a HP i bough maybe a little over a year ago. 512 ram ata hard drive. nothing specil.

thorough in a raiden 9600 gfx card, bump that thing up a gig and 1/2 and trough that 160 gig into the xbox and grab a sata250 gb and this ok pc turned into a monster.

but those alienware ocs are pretty damn nice. cool.gif

#10 Gbeav

Gbeav

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(raceboy404 @ Jul 28 2006, 08:05 PM) View Post

roflmao, punkbuster, there is ways around punkbuster(witch i well not tell anyone cause i am a good person who likes 2 keep cheaters away)and with counter-strike and half-life(2) use VAC witch can also be bi-passed

there is even ways past the au in halo 2, but i hope it will stay no 1 finds out how(and if they do they dont tell any1, cause thats all we need again)

and the broke part. pretty huch every 1 in america is in dept, there are justa few ppl in this world that actually can afford 2 bulid a pc, but there are alternatives. you dont need a super good mobo. but they are nice.

but prebulit pc's, you cant bet them. i got a HP i bough maybe a little over a year ago. 512 ram ata hard drive. nothing specil.

thorough in a raiden 9600 gfx card, bump that thing up a gig and 1/2 and trough that 160 gig into the xbox and grab a sata250 gb and this ok pc turned into a monster.

but those alienware ocs are pretty damn nice. cool.gif

You are so full of shit, anyone that says an alienware PC is good means you don't have a clue how to build a PC. You don't need alienware if you build your own.

#11 360pwned

360pwned

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:08 AM

You don't need alienware if you build your own.

Indeed...
I always build by own pc.
Mostly it will be cheaper if you buy all the parts at different stores instead you buy the complete set from one store.

#12 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(Gbeav @ Jul 28 2006, 11:41 PM) View Post

I beg to differ. Have you SEEN some of the Halo sniping montages? They are AMAZING... and I've gotten to be MUCH better with a 360 controller at FPS than with a keyboard and mouse and I can play for longer... more comfort. Plus... all the buttons are RIGHT at your fingertips... instead of on a keyboard.

I think I'll ALWAYS be a console gamer.
Here are just a few advantages I can come up with at the moment.
-Big HD screen (that you sit farther away from.. not withy your face next to it).
-Cheaper (games may be a little more, but the hardware itself is not).
-You know a game will play well on your specific machine.
-Comfortable controllers.
-Less of a need to upgrade (console graphics improve for YEARS after the console is released without requiring hardware updates)
-Ease of use (no installs, setups, quick to play)
-Less cheating (this isn't always true... but with 360... since hacking invalidates signatures we are pretty good... for now)
-Easier to play locally with friends
-People with better computers don't have the advantage (though people with HD /Surround Sound TVs do have an advantage over those with SD TVs, IMO)

Sure, PC DOES have advantages as well, but I feel those of a good console like Xbox outweight those of a PC, without a doubt. And YES.. I can certainly afford a nice gaming PC... but I choose not to because in my mind a $750-$1000 PC is not worth the money when I can get a 360 AND Revolution (if I so choose) for that price.

Edited by CattyKid, 29 July 2006 - 04:23 AM.

#13 toostrike

toostrike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(360pwned @ Jul 28 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

Indeed...
I always build by own pc.
Mostly it will be cheaper if you buy all the parts at different stores instead you buy the complete set from one store.

I have joined alot of pc forums and found it is the only tech support you will ever need.For $1000.00 dollars you can build a high end pc not including the monitor,speakers,and a copy of windows os.You can get a get deal on on an amd 3700+ or higher(single core)starting at around 250.00.A quality motherboard will run you less than 100 dollars if your only running 1 video card,and can do without some of the fancy extras.Add in 2 gigs of memory,a hard drive,and dvd rom ,and your set.You could even get get these main pc parts under a grand,and still have a kick-ass high end pc.If you have some patience,and some common sense you can build a pc.It is not that hard.Plus you will get a 3 year warrenty on your parts.

I have to laugh at people putting all this cash in a x-360 system that will run way over 1000 dollars.By the time you buy some games,add in the extras you are in for $700 easy.I can see myself paying hundreds of dollars less in a system and games by waiting.I just think there are better alternatives for the short term.Its all good! To each his own.I also have a ps2 and a x-box with alot of games.I can tap my pc into a hd tv ,or standard for that matter,and play some of the latest games with x-360 controller.

Edited by toostrike, 29 July 2006 - 04:38 AM.

#14 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(toostrike @ Jul 29 2006, 01:39 AM) View Post

I have to laugh at people putting all this cash in a x-360 system that will run way over 1000 dollars.By the time you buy some games,add in the extras you are in for $700 easy.I can see myself paying hundreds of dollars less in a system and games by waiting.I just think there are better alternatives for the short term.

Um... aren't you forgetting the games that go with your PC?

#15 Justincredibal

Justincredibal

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:18 AM

If you want to build a high end gaming pc, you are gonna spend a shite load more then yo would for a 360.
Now ofcourse if you only talking about a P4 3.2ish gig comp with 1g ram, and a radian 9600 vid card, than yea, you can build that for less than an xbox, but you still would wanna get atleast a 19" monitor, running a min of like 200.

Bah get a 360

Im sure most people here atleast have a nice comp, like the above, but that is far from a gaming rig.

Edited by Justincredibal, 29 July 2006 - 05:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users