X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

Would this work?
In theory, I dont see why it wouldnt, as it would just need to be wired up.

#2 lopes101

lopes101

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:xbox<br />xbox<br />hockey<br />xbox<br />xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

explain yourself more...what do u want to do exactly?

#3 loonytoonz90

loonytoonz90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:xboxs

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

i waz gana try tha same thing wit a wireless but i broke tha dongle lol

#4 the lobo

the lobo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:57 AM

dude, i'd like to know how to open the dongle. and the remote.

#5 gottastopdrinkin

gottastopdrinkin

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

Just pry apart. I thought it was kinda easy to do.

I think Fleeek wants to disassemble the dongle and a controller and mount the guts of the dongle somewhere in the controller. Wiring of the dongle would be the same as adding a usb port to the memory card port.

But I do see major flaws in this mod. If you can wire it up correctly where (in the controller internally) are you going to put the dongle? When deciding that remember that the controller has to be transparent for the IR. And even if it is transparent it may have a crappier range.
So that leaves you with one option, mount the dongle to the controller externally. If you do that then you have to set the controller somewhere to receive the IR signal from the remote without anything blocking it.

So do you really play that much 4-player split screen that you cant let that dongle take up 1 controller port? Thats the only reason why this mod would make any sense.

#6 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:10 AM

wats the point of this mod? honestly..

u need to use a wired controller to make this work first of all. then ur gunna put the dvd dongle onto the controller? for wat? so u have to aim ur remote at ur controller? i doubt this will fit either...ud probly have to sacrifice a memory card slot, and relocate the eye, and cut a hole for it on the controller sumwhere.

the only purpose i could see for this, is extending the range of the eye.. u could put the controller on the floor, 8 feet away..or however long the cord is for the controller, then, be an aditional 20 feet, or watever the range is for the remote. still not really work it, to at 8 feet. you might as well wire it into ur box, with 20 feet of wire or something... which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a reciever and remote.

#7 gottastopdrinkin

gottastopdrinkin

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:04 AM

wats the point of this mod? honestly..

So do you really play that much 4-player split screen that you cant let that dongle take up 1 controller port?

This mod is for hardcore 4-player splitscreen, for those who are too lazy to unplug a controller and plug the dongle in.

And I am not one of those. splitscreen sucks. lurk.gif

#8 stevewal

stevewal

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:conservastion, rock climbing, modding and gaming, gardening.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

I'm not sure this mod is possible without a pretty complicated pcb between the pad pcb and dongle pcb. Don't think it's been done either.

#9 lopes101

lopes101

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:xbox<br />xbox<br />hockey<br />xbox<br />xbox

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:44 PM

lets be rea;istic...this mod aint worth it....cancel this out..and lets pretend like it never hapened

QUOTE(the lobo @ Jul 30 2006, 05:04 AM) View Post

buttterknife, and 10 minutes of annoying frustrating time....its not to tough, takes time though..10 mins max if you try hard!

#10 loonytoonz90

loonytoonz90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(War_Machine @ Jul 30 2006, 04:47 AM) View Post

wats the point of this mod? honestly...

not if u have a built in wireless controller then u have 2 aim it at tha xbox

#11 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(gottastopdrinkin @ Jul 30 2006, 04:11 AM) View Post

This mod is for hardcore 4-player splitscreen, for those who are too lazy to unplug a controller and plug the dongle in.

And I am not one of those. splitscreen sucks. lurk.gif

yeah im a hardcore 4 player gamer as well.. but i have a usb hub, and a remote on my first player slot... its called a switch. i mean, ur doing the mod with a wired controller, so ur not gunna be that far from the box anyways.. its not like its wireless an u and ur freinds are scattered all over the room.

the only way i see this mod being anywhere near practical, is if u wire the 4 wires from teh memory slot, with as small of wire as u can, before it loses conductivity, and cut open ur controller wire. send the 4 wires for the remote, down thru the controller itself, out the bottom with the other wires, then rewrap all the wires together. get some tubing, and fish everything thru, so ur cord is rebuilt, just, with 4 more wires now. if its on the 4th controller, right when the other 4 wires reach where it plugs into the xbox, i would either cut out the middle part of the 4th port...so the wires can go thru that, and enter the box, where u can then, hardwire the dvd dongle, inside the box, where the remote can reach it fine, or, i would cut a piece in the tubing for the 4 wires to exit, and then cut a hole next to the 4th port for them to enter the box, and then attach to the dongle.

that....MAY....be worth it. then ud have a dvd dongle, without a switch or relay, and ud never have to unplug ur controllers. BUT...itd have to be a wired controller...and i dont kno how fat the cord is going to be for that...or how ugly..depends on how much time and care u put into it. im not a big fan of wired controllers...especially when theres 4 people playing, it can get messy... for me, both my boxes are right near eachother...and we have 8 people playing sumtimes..so without wired (and numbered) controllers, it would be chaos

QUOTE(loonytoonz90 @ Jul 30 2006, 12:48 PM) View Post

i have no clue wat u are talking about..but im assuming u mean doing this mod to a wireless controller thats been hardwired. it wouldnt even work with a wireless controller.. ive yet to see one with a memory card actually on the controller itself, and its nearly impossible to find the points for where the 5 wires would be, if it was a wired controller. not to mention, even if u did find them and wire it up, thered be even less space inthat controller than a normal one, and it would lose on/off functions becuz wireless controllers dont use standby power.

#12 gottastopdrinkin

gottastopdrinkin

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE(loonytoonz90 @ Jul 30 2006, 12:48 PM) *

i have no clue wat u are talking about..but im assuming u mean doing this mod to a wireless controller thats been hardwired. it wouldnt even work with a wireless controller

I have no clue what hes talkin about either. laugh.gif

.. ive yet to see one with a memory card actually on the controller itself,

'Cause they dont exist.

Lets just forget about this mod. It makes no sense to waste time typing up posts relating to this topic, so buh-bye.

#13 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:17 AM

no no no...wait... i got wat he ment... i think...

if u have a wireless controller hardwired in...and its the kind with the memory card attached to the dongle (most are) u can wire the dvd dongle right to that, and then u wont need a switch or relay

now THAT is not a bad idea. u dont need to have up a cord, or use a wireless controller, and the dongle will always be on... i might try that, to see if it works...one less thing on my switch then

#14 loonytoonz90

loonytoonz90

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(War_Machine @ Jul 30 2006, 04:47 AM) View Post

ur gunna put the dvd dongle onto the controller? for wat? so u have to aim ur remote at ur controller?

QUOTE(loonytoonz90 @ Jul 30 2006, 02:18 PM) View Post

lol did that clear things up sorry i waz not clear tha first time.

Edited by loonytoonz90, 31 July 2006 - 01:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users