3 replies to this topic

#1 EnergySurge

EnergySurge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:19 PM

Alright.. when using the GaryOPA 1.3 release in windows that uses the cmd prompt.. if something fails like step 2/3 in the flashing and then it continues on, does that mean it is safe and still flashed properly because at the end it sais its still fine but i mean if something failed it doesnt show you that it tries that flashing step again it just keeps going and sais done...

#2 hcrip

hcrip

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:46 PM

For the Xtreme 1.3 firmware, if you are upgrading from 1.2, then all that has to finish is 1, 4, 8. All the rest can fail IF UPGRADING from 1.2. If you are starting fresh, it has to be 9/9. Also, it is ALOT easier when working in safe mode, the drives flash faster and more stable in it.

Recap> Upgrade from 1.2, then 1, 4, 8 must be good, rest can fail.
Fresh flash, all 9 out of 9 must be complete.

PS. Gary is working on the flashsec command. Most of the time it reports not flashing when in fact, it did, with success. Just be patient people

#3 mianus

mianus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

thats what he said when i had the same problem. But being over cautious like i am i kept restoring and reflashing till they all went no error, it took 4 tries but it did do it and works great.

#4 tommy2hotty

tommy2hotty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:16 PM

I think it took us two tries. But it still wont read certain media. So we may try birdie 2.3 or whatever and see if that does nothing, and if not just do 2.0 on monday or so when it is released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users