Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:02 AM

(USA) Petition asking Microsoft to Extend the Warranty Period
Posted by XanTium | July 30 00:02 EST

A petition has been started on petitiononline.com by a member of the Xbox.com forums:

We the undersign believe that the MICROSOFT CORPORATION needs to revise the current length of warranty on the XBOX360 videogame system. At the present time XBOX360 owners within the United States of America are only protected by a three(3) month warranty period through the manufacturer(Microsoft). This length of time is not sufficient. The minimum warranty period should be one(1) year for all systems.

Our backing for this claim comes after large numbers of consumers who purchased systems, are now experiencing defects with the product. These defects cause the product to become un-operational. The company (MICROSOFT) has only been replacing system up to 3 months old with either a)new systems, or B) "refurbished" systems. After the 3 month period consumers are expected to pay between fifty(50) and One Hundred and Twenty-Nine(129) dollars for repairs. This warranty is outrageous, and is in place to protect the company and a product that is obviously inherently flawed. Many consumers have had units replaced 2 or more times, in some cases upwards of 5 to 7 times, within the past 8 months since the system launch.

We the undersigned are DEMANDING that MICROSOFT re-evaluates and amend the current warranty and make a new warranty retroactive so all past consumers are covered. At this time we are seeking replacement systems for ALL consumers who are experiencing defective hardware.

If you are a North-American customer and agree with the petition, feel free to sign it here[petitiononline.com].
Europeans already get a 2-year warranty enforced by EU-laws and Australia gets 1-year.

#2 DaShiZNiT

DaShiZNiT

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

I thought "unnofficially" they have extended it to 6 months?

#3 Neoistheone2000

Neoistheone2000

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:15 AM

hmm we should make petitions for games we want backwards compatable.....

yeah they shoud extend the warrenty because my little brothers 360 is starting to crash and he cant get if fixed because it was a christmas 360 (bought it after christmas...)

#4 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:16 AM

http://www.xbox.com/...es/warranty.htm
says 90 days.

MS never said anything about 6months.

#5 achilles614

achilles614

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:24 AM

Mine still works but i hope they extend it to at least one year.

#6 luther349

luther349

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:41 AM

well you can buy a 1 year or even 2 years from MS. for 40 bucks i think. this is the usa you whant a extended warrenty you have to pay for it but dont go getting that best buy bs get the one from MS. buying a system at launch and not getting at least a year on it is your own dammed falt knowing they would have defects out there.

should ms warenty for them for a year out of the box yea probly but that would hurt there console saeles if they did. the only 360s selling now are probly people from christmas rebuying them lol.

did i say everyones 360s would melt in 6 months time i shure did and look what happoned they did. the system runs 2 hot plain and simple its to mutch power in to small of a case thers no way the heat can get out of the system fast enough. the 360 need to be redesined not sold. it needs to be bigger or the system needs some majer cooling systems put in but that would make it to loud. and untill a redesined 360 is done i will not wast my money on it. i pretty hate both ms and sony there both putting way to mutch shit in there systems and packing them way to small. a laptop has better cooling then both of those systems.

every dam problem with a 360 is from its heat issues you system doesent need to meltdown to have a problem. from running hot like they do that can couse anything from lockups system crash to a total meltdown. itmigh happon in a week it might happon 6 months from now but as everyone is quickly lerning they evently fail due to meltdown.

but sence people are sheep and will buy a 360 no matter how many desine flaws it has get that dammed 2 year warrenty couse your going to need it. unless you dont mine paying eveytime you system melts.

Edited by luther349, 30 July 2006 - 04:54 AM.

#7 colt45joe

colt45joe

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:51 AM

i thought petitiononline really actually does nothing and so it is pointless..... ?

Edited by colt45joe, 30 July 2006 - 04:51 AM.

#8 rihgt682

rihgt682

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:00 AM

Europeans already get a 2-year warranty enforced by EU-laws and Australia gets 1-year.

WoW. I bet japan gets 5years.

#9 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE(colt45joe @ Jul 29 2006, 11:58 PM) View Post

i thought petitiononline really actually does nothing and so it is pointless..... ?

You're right.

Didn't someone do the same for the THompson drive and get like 18 000 signatures?

Did it do anything, not at all. Trust me, MS gives you 90 days for a reason wink.gif

Just buy an extended Warranty from the store you purchase the system from for god sakes, it covers a minimum of 2 years and no shipping hassles. Just bring in the system to your local store.

Plus most stores cover all the accessories that come with the premium system.

All this for the price of a game blink.gif

#10 markgrimer

markgrimer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:02 AM

Instead of buying an extended warranty through MS, just buy the 360 at Costco. They take anything back no matter how long ago it was purchased.

#11 DaddyO21

DaddyO21

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:13 AM

sleeping.gif for $59.99 you can get 2 years of warranty with MS ,yes look inside, there's a big paper in the box that the 360 comes , mine doesnt have warranty cause i dont need it and plus i opened it , my XBox was bought in 2001 , never ordered warranty and is still alive and kicking next to my alive and kicking XBox360 from Nov 21 2005.

#12 cregan

cregan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

An extended warranty would be nice but i dont think this petition is going succeed. Why is everybody complaining about the 360 anyway. So many people are saying that the 360 is flawed and wasn't ready to be released but i think that the numbers have shown that the 360 actually has a better failure rate then previous consoles. My 360 has never had a problem and hasnt ever locked up once but my PS2 froze quite a few times and had plenty of disc read errors. My 360 even sits ontop of my amp wich almost gets too hot to touch. I noticed that a good majority of the people complaining about the 360 dont even own a 360! Back on topic, i think alot of big retailers can be persueded to take 360's back and get them replaced even after the warranty. I didnt sign the petition just because it said that the "360 was obviously a flawed product" when it obviously is not.

#13 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(DaddyO21 @ Jul 30 2006, 06:20 AM) View Post

sleeping.gif for $59.99 you can get 2 years of warranty with MS ,yes look inside, there's a big paper in the box that the 360 comes , mine doesnt have warranty cause i dont need it and plus i opened it , my XBox was bought in 2001 , never ordered warranty and is still alive and kicking next to my alive and kicking XBox360 from Nov 21 2005.

Well ... yeah ... if you get a 90day warranty it's indeed smart to buy an extended warranty.
But that's not really the question here.

Do you think it's OK for a company to sell a 400usd device and not even wanna guarantee it's gonna work for 91 days?

Comparing it with the Xbox1 makes no sense here ... the Xbox1 (except PSU) is rock solid ... unlike the Xbox 360, which has lots of issues ... much more than MS wanna admit.

#14 mathias

mathias

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:09 AM

come on this is not news.... this is the same website that I can start a petition if I believe it should be ok to wear the same stinky ass draws for 5 days straight... if you want a long warranty buy one... and just because this petition starter says there is a problem everyone is going to say O myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mine didn't break but there must be a problem let me sign it.....

this damn site probly sells email addresses for money.......

now im not upset about the petition Im upset I didn't come up with this fucking scheme...

#15 bigballer101

bigballer101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

sign today proudly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users