15 replies to this topic

#1 tfd2000

tfd2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 02:14 PM

hi everyone, i am gonna get a new burner cos i have phillips d01 and that csnt burn anything for my samsung drive xbox to play. so i am gonna buy a new one, preferably within 200 i dont have much money as i am still 15, trying to sell some stuff. i just want one that can do games, speed isnt much of an issue and make dvd's ie movies. i hope you can help, i have checked out the cendyne one looks good but i havent found anywhere legit in the uk. oh yes i would also be very interested if you find anywhere where i could trade in my current one as a part exchange. the current one i am tilting towards is the LG one here
http://www.savastore...Page=2&keyword=
(site not up atm but should be back up soon)
tell me if the others are better and have you ever heard of freecom?
all of your help will be appreciated
cos most games are dvd size
thank you thank you

tfd2000

sorry i didnt put this is the trading,buying and selling section, they didnt lok appropriate for this in my view; they seemed more commercial and i have seen others in here before, hope you can help.thanks again smile.gif

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:05 PM

SVP over in the UK has the Pioneer105 4x DVD-R/-RW burner (it is considered to be one of the best) and it is going on special right now for 146 pounds. I would strongly recommend getting this drive over the LG.

#3 tfd2000

tfd2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:28 PM

erm kind of embarrassing but who/ where is SVP soz if it sounds dumb and man if thats true i am gonna order it tomorow, need to sort out some money.

iamwithstupid.gif

including or excluding vat?

DONT WORRY I SEARCHED AND FOUND IT, AN EXAMPLE FOR ALL YOU OTHER NEWBIES AND IT LOOKS GREAT

Edited by tfd2000, 09 May 2003 - 09:32 PM.

#4 tfd2000

tfd2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:33 PM

what wires are needed?

#5 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:52 PM

if u could, wait a couple more months, Liteon should be introducing a dvd burner soon,
4x dvd-r/-rw/+r/+rw/cd-r/cd-rw as well.... not that bad eh ...

if u in a hurry, sony dru500a or dru500ax may help?... pioneer a05/105 sounds good also especially with the fixed firmware or even possible rpc-1 path to make it region free ...smile.gif

#6 rahula

rahula

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Interests:boose,food and chicks. Yeah Xbox too..
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:53 PM

I would suggest that you get Sony dru 500ax latest firmware updated writer. It can support both DVD-/+ R and DVD-/+ Rw both format and it has 8mb buffer and very smooth recording. you won't regret about that.

#7 bebbeb

bebbeb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 03:56 AM

My pioneer 105 was cheap $170 and works great biggrin.gif

#8 Aussie14

Aussie14

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:08 AM

I got me an A05 and it rocks, I love it, but I'm tryin to sell my computer right now, and cant seem to do it. I want a notebook!!!!

#9 DragonOmega

DragonOmega

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:42 AM

My pioneer 105 was cheap $170 and works great

Where you gettin that great deal!???

#10 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:12 AM

Bebbeb is talking about the Cendyne drive I am sure (which for you skeptics is THE EXACT SAME DRIVE AS THE PIONEER 105) and he got it when either officemax or staples were running thier specials on them. For those of you who mentioned the dual format Lite-On and the dual format sony you both failed to notice that he is looking to spend 200 pounds or less and you can't get either of those drives in the UK for that price tag. Anyway for tfd2000 go to the following link and scan down to the 3rd item on the page----->http://svponline.co...._Offers_15.html I hope this helps

Edited by jesterrace777, 10 May 2003 - 07:21 AM.

#11 tfd2000

tfd2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:11 AM

thanks alot man you've all been great, in an ideal world i would get the sony but i just dont have that cash, plus i will have a spare +rw anyway. Considering the pioneer dosnt come with anything like wires, will i be able to use my current ones, otherwise i am definately getting it.
a big thank you goes out to everyone here beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#12 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:59 PM

You mean as in being able to use the IDE cable and the power plug in that are available in your PC? Yes it will hook right up to those (i never used the IDE cable or power wire that came with mine). The only thing you will need to get is some software (I would highly recommend starting out with Recordnow Max). I hope this helps.

#13 tfd2000

tfd2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 05:16 PM

i already have the latest nero and dvd x copy, will these be alright?

#14 tfd2000

tfd2000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:03 PM

ok i am gonna get it and i might aswell get a load of dvd-r's with it am i right in getting ritek 4x ones, after looking around they seem the best. thanks alot everyone, soon i can play my backed up games smile.gif biggrin.gif

or should i go for a cheaper brand like datawrite that do 4x aswell and also the {DV 312} FWS BRANDED 4.7GB DVD-R sound good, no rush to tell me what to get yet, its the weekend so they wont be sorted till monday.

Edited by tfd2000, 10 May 2003 - 07:06 PM.

#15 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:08 PM

Okay the latest version of Nero should work great for your XBOX backups. DVD X COPY while being a very easy to use program for movies has some issues (i.e. a number of people have reported that the movies won't work on thier XBOX when using DVD X COPY). The program will split movies that are too big between two discs. I would strongly recommend for movies that you get DVD Decrypter and DVD2ONE. DVD2ONE will allow you to rip out what you don't want so the movie itself will fit on a single disc. DVD Decrypter decodes the copy protected commercial discs and is also awesome for doing 1:1 backups (movies that will fit on a single disc without ripping). Just use the ISO mode for reading and writing and it turns out perfect everytime (this is what I use for movies).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users