• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IgnisDeus

IgnisDeus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:55 AM

I'm trying to launch dvd movie files from the menu that are located on the hard drive. Is there anyway to do this? I want to launch xbmc or DVDX and have it automatically play the video_ts.ifo file when you select the menu item. I'd prefer to do this in EvolutionX, but if another dash can do it that might work.

One idea I had is if somebody wrote a program (.xbe) that would take a path for a video_ts.ifo, and then launch DVDX giving it the path of the video_ts.ifo. You could put a different .xbe in each video folder, and could use the whole autoadd thing. Then just launch the .xbe for the movie, and it does the rest.

Anybody else have any ideas?

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:05 AM

I don't think you can do it.

When you put in a command to run XBMC or any other player, it loads that player.

In XBMC you can make bookmarks. Read up on those. You may want to upgrade to the latest XBMC and MC360 skin and make that your default dash.

You can make it load to the media blade and run your videos from there.

#3 IgnisDeus

IgnisDeus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:54 AM

I don't just play media, I mostly play games, but when I want to play movies it's annoying to have to load xbmc and go to the drive, find the folder blah blah. I think it's strange that no dashboards have done this yet. Kind of silly I'd say?

#4 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

As 1hotjob said...You COULD use XBMC as a dash, as a lot of people do, then just use that to launch games and your movies the way you like. You would just have to create bookmarks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users