• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 daxl101

daxl101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

OK, I'm semi-new to this but know enough to search the whole forum before posting a question, this was a last resort. Here are my specs first.

v1.0 XBox
X2 5035 bios
XBMC Dashboard, although I tried Evo-X and Avalanche
Xenium Mod Chip
250GB Maxtor HD
Samsung DVD Drive

All the games were backed up to the HD from my other Xbox through FTP. (There were no errors). Originally I couldnít get any Live games to boot, but fixed that by formatting the E drive. So everything was fine except when I was playing Juiced Iíd always get to a certain point and get Dirty Disc Error, so I decided to try other games, GTA San Andreas freezes anywhereís, doesnít seem to matter, and most of there other ones are unselective and mix it up some are DDE and some just freeze (and yes I read chefelfs tutorial). Another time it freezes is when watching video. The most interesting part is after it freezes or goes DDE you canít restart the Xbox, It either three resets and FRAG, or it freezes at the flubber screen, or freezes a bit past the flubber screen. Theres never an error returned in any case. So far what I have done

1.) Cleared the cache
2.) Deleted the saved games
3.) Fixed the clock

But none have helped, but I didnít think they would since after it locks up you canít even turn the Xbox on. I thought it would be important to know as well itís not heat because it locks up within minutes of running a game. I had read on one post that went dead before any real conclusions were made that problems like this can result from a bad video chip, but no one ever backed this statement up, and whatís with a DDE if itís a video chip? Thanks for your help in advance.

#2 zudas

zudas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:08 PM

I had this same problem where my xbox would freeze after being on for only a few minutes. It would freeze in games and in apps, and sometimes i would get an error 13 and and an error 16. I reformated the drive and reinstalled everything and after that its been working perfectly ever since and that was probably 6 months ago, so if u want to u can give that a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users