• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 KRink

KRink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:38 AM

I am having some problems trying to replace a DVD drive in my working XBOX360. I have two DVDROM drives, a H46DH (original), and a H32CE (replacement)- both drives are functioning. When I try to swap the H46DH with a H32CE the xbox360 won't read any discs, copies or originals, and I keep getting a white screen from the xbox360 dashboard saying "To play this disc, inseret into an XBOX 360"- this message is displayed in other languages as well.

I will post the steps I used to replace my drive, and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

was.bin -- Original firmware containging drive key from hitachi 46dh
now.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with original key on hitachi 32ce
nowkey.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with 46dh key on hitachi 32ce, unencrypted
nowkeye.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with 46dh key on hitachi 32ce, encrypted ready to flash

1. Pull working dvd drive (46DH) out of xbox, connect to computer via XECUTER Connectivity kit for mode b, boot computer find drive letter in winXP.

2. Using XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3-GaryOPA, flash the 46DH firmware to xtreme v1.3

3. Open KDX v1.5 and load the was.bin, previous firmware from 46DH, copy the drive key to clipboard.

4. Turn off computer, connect dvd drive (32CE) to computer via XECUTER Connectivity kit for mode b, boot computer find drive letter in winXP.

5. Using XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3-GaryOPA, flash the 32CE firmware to xtreme v1.3

6. Open KDX v1.5 and load the now.bin, current firmware from 32CE, replace the key shown in KDX with the 46DH key from clipboard, save the firmware as nowkey.bin.

7. Using FirmCrypt in cmd prompt encrypt the firmware using the command- firmcrypt e nowkey.bin nowkeye.bin

8. Flash the new key to the 32CE using flashsec_win in command prompt using the command- flashsec_win e nowkeye.bin 90004000 1000

When I plug the 32CE drive into the xbox360 it opens and closes, but cannot read any games. A white screen always comes up saying "To play this disc, inseret into an xbox 360"

#2 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Genius

• Admin
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(KRink @ Jul 31 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

I am having some problems trying to replace a DVD drive in my working XBOX360. I have two DVDROM drives, a H46DH (original), and a H32CE (replacement)- both drives are functioning. When I try to swap the H46DH with a H32CE the xbox360 won't read any discs, copies or originals, and I keep getting a white screen from the xbox360 dashboard saying "To play this disc, inseret into an XBOX 360"- this message is displayed in other languages as well.

I will post the steps I used to replace my drive, and maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

was.bin -- Original firmware containging drive key from hitachi 46dh
now.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with original key on hitachi 32ce
nowkey.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with 46dh key on hitachi 32ce, unencrypted
nowkeye.bin -- Xtreme Firmware v1.3 with 46dh key on hitachi 32ce, encrypted ready to flash

1. Pull working dvd drive (46DH) out of xbox, connect to computer via XECUTER Connectivity kit for mode b, boot computer find drive letter in winXP.

2. Using XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3-GaryOPA, flash the 46DH firmware to xtreme v1.3

3. Open KDX v1.5 and load the was.bin, previous firmware from 46DH, copy the drive key to clipboard.

4. Turn off computer, connect dvd drive (32CE) to computer via XECUTER Connectivity kit for mode b, boot computer find drive letter in winXP.

5. Using XTRM-HITACHI-7IN1-V1_3-GaryOPA, flash the 32CE firmware to xtreme v1.3

6. Open KDX v1.5 and load the now.bin, current firmware from 32CE, replace the key shown in KDX with the 46DH key from clipboard, save the firmware as nowkey.bin.

7. Using FirmCrypt in cmd prompt encrypt the firmware using the command- firmcrypt e nowkey.bin nowkeye.bin

8. Flash the new key to the 32CE using flashsec_win in command prompt using the command- flashsec_win e nowkeye.bin 90004000 1000

When I plug the 32CE drive into the xbox360 it opens and closes, but cannot read any games. A white screen always comes up saying "To play this disc, inseret into an xbox 360"

Sounds like you did the steps right.

Email us the two files the "was.bin" from your working 46 and the "nowkey.bin" that you use on the 32,
and we will double-check everything, as one other user is having the same problem, and we want to
make sure what the reason is.

Try also, restoring your 32 to "original" using the batch file RESTORE, and then see if it plays the
"real" games when using the key from your 46 drive.

Is the key correct? Does the 46 drive work and play originals in your X360?

Might be a little delay in replying to your email, as we are busy finishing the "Xtreme v2.0" release
for SS extraction.

But we will help you as fast as possible.

Thanks for the support.

#3 KRink

KRink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the response and taking the time to look at my problem, I sent you an email with the 2 files.

QUOTE(garyopa @ Aug 1 2006, 03:56 AM) View Post

Try also, restoring your 32 to "original" using the batch file RESTORE, and then see if it plays the
"real" games when using the key from your 46 drive.

Tried this, and still not reading original or backup games. Get white screen message, "To play this disc, insert into a Xbox 360 console."

QUOTE(garyopa @ Aug 1 2006, 03:56 AM) View Post

Is the key correct? Does the 46 drive work and play originals in your X360?

The key is correct, and my 46dh plays both originals, and backups with the xtreme v1.3 firmware.

#4 bonevichio

bonevichio

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:32 AM

where did you get the H32CE from?

#5 KRink

KRink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(bonevichio @ Aug 1 2006, 05:39 AM) View Post

where did you get the H32CE from?

www.etech4sale.com

I ordered a 47D but they sent me a 32CE

#6 bonevichio

bonevichio

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(KRink @ Aug 1 2006, 02:45 AM) View Post

Was the FW unencrypted when you extracted the key?

#7 KRink

KRink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE(bonevichio @ Aug 1 2006, 05:49 AM) View Post

Was the FW unencrypted when you extracted the key?

Yes.

#8 jdoggjp85

jdoggjp85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:35 AM

im the other user with the same exact problem i tried everything and nothing can get it wprking it only play dvds and thats it. I have done the same steps u did and nothing so i call etech4sale and they going to send me a 47d after i rma the 32ce.but if anybody get it to work i would like to know.

#9 triptronix

triptronix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:02 PM

Hi

Im a wondering if its a must to use a connectivity kit to flash over the drive key from an existing drive to a new drive OR should i just use the xbox 360 as the power supply instead (as usual)

thanks
trip

#10 PimpInDaHouse

PimpInDaHouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:14 AM

I'm having the same problem. I think it has something to do with the 32ce sucking ass. Etech4sale.com is on some bullshit I'd send it back had I not bought it over three months ago. Garyopa want my files too?

Edited by PimpInDaHouse, 13 August 2006 - 05:18 AM.

#11 PimpInDaHouse

PimpInDaHouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Has anyone figured out why these drives can't read discs? I'm having the same problem.

#12 SatanUk

SatanUk

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:39 AM

Just wondering if this issue as been resolved blink.gif yet as a few of these drives are now being sold on various sites grr.gif and loads of people are going to end up with none working drives. ohmy.gif

#13 Danrick

Danrick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

Still no news on those drives issues ?
Flashing to firware 40 is a pain in the xxx because it needs to be done externally, with a chip programmer.
Any help would be so welcome.

#14 ownage

ownage

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

I just recieved one of these drives too, but not from etech4sale i just didn't know about these drives when i ordered it

Edited by ownage, 21 October 2006 - 04:01 PM.

#15 Danrick

Danrick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

Check this page http://forums.maxcon...ead.php?t=31788

One guy seems to say that you can flash it with both origin.bin and an old version of opa flasher and it might work....

what do you think about that ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users