#1 computerB

computerB

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:28 AM

Hi,

I just got a both oddworld games back after some time. And decided to try them on Pcsxbox.
The games both load fine, but the graphics, turn washed out, flickering, pixelated. Scrolling text within levels in unreadable. Before this i tested a small 80mb Jap game i have, and it worked fine.

Are there specific settings to be changed for certain games. Has anyone managed to get Oddworld to work flawlessly, or is it simply a case of it never being bug free, on the emulator.

Also the audio clicks a little, as is a common problem.
May i also add, that the images are fine. Its not corrupt.

#2 deathx88

deathx88

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts
  • Interests:xbox stuff, guitar stuff, pc stuff, and hacking stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:02 AM

you can check the pcsxbox compatability list to see if there are any specific settings for the game to run good

you can find the link to it in my sig

#3 computerB

computerB

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:14 AM

Thank you.

I wish I had found that list earlier.

#4 grgart

grgart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(computerB @ Aug 1 2006, 05:21 AM) View Post

Thank you.

I wish I had found that list earlier.

Well, are problems with oddworld games solved ?

#5 netokl

netokl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:01 AM

no solved...but is very simple to fix...just download the files mde.c,mde.h in the source code browse ,here http://pcsxr.codeple...esets....change the file extension mde.c to cpp or replace the inline functions for __inline in the source code,and compile with the pcsxbox source +visual studio 2003 and xdk the pcsxbox solution(the 1.5 core)...now you can play oddworld without glithes.
sorry for bad english. : tongue.gif

#6 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:47 AM

ok netokl,
What kind of a genius are you?

What else do you have to say for pcsxbox? biggrin.gif

#7 netokl

netokl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

not too much unfortunately...im just doing some experiments in pcsxbox when i have free time and the changes that i did just only fix some games....the gte of pcsx-reloaded is easy to implement in the 1.5 core and fix some games like crash bandicoot 3(water levels),ace combat 3(ship textures),tomb raider 4 (strange green colors),and problably fix other games as well...i talked to madmab sometime ago about the spu dma fix that fix syfhon filter,thousand arms,and other games...and he certainly already know about these fixes,and problably will implement on the next pcsxbox...the psx counters maibe fix some other games...but i tested here and slowdown the emulator...i'll keep trying do some more changes here..i really would like to see star ocean 2 and legend of legaia working on pcsxbox smile.gif .if i find more fixes i will post here...but it would be great...in my opinion if madmab(ok...i know is not easy and require free time tongue.gif )implement all the pcsx reload core...so we would have the 1.4,1.5,1.6 and reloaded core to chose.

#8 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

if you have any other code fixes for pcsxbox please do let us know! great job ma

if you manage to find anything for tony hawks pro skater 1 and 2 let us know. ive got a nice rig or 2 setup and can help churn out some updates if you want to make a small project out of this. smile.gif

Edited by XTecuterX73, 17 June 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#9 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(netokl @ Jun 17 2011, 11:38 AM) View Post

not too much unfortunately...im just doing some experiments in pcsxbox when i have free time and the changes that i did just only fix some games....the gte of pcsx-reloaded is easy to implement in the 1.5 core and fix some games like crash bandicoot 3(water levels),ace combat 3(ship textures),tomb raider 4 (strange green colors),and problably fix other games as well...i talked to madmab sometime ago about the spu dma fix that fix syfhon filter,thousand arms,and other games...and he certainly already know about these fixes,and problably will implement on the next pcsxbox...the psx counters maibe fix some other games...but i tested here and slowdown the emulator...i'll keep trying do some more changes here..i really would like to see star ocean 2 and legend of legaia working on pcsxbox smile.gif .if i find more fixes i will post here...but it would be great...in my opinion if madmab(ok...i know is not easy and require free time tongue.gif )implement all the pcsx reload core...so we would have the 1.4,1.5,1.6 and reloaded core to chose.
Hey.. thanks for the list of games improved by the GTE update. I've been trying to figure out what advantages it has. I'll add one to the list on GTE "Crash Team Racing" the cars are now visible. I'll try and verify the other three you mentioned as well. I had syphon filter 1-3 running for some time but the games are really slow on the 'ol xbox. Thousand Arms too (if I remember correctly).

I also have some more goodies but I was hoping to surprise the public and am currently trying to work thru a performance issues (dontchya just love core updates?).

Edited by madmab, 18 June 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#10 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

new pcsxbox? Awesome... biggrin.gif

why hasn't there been a psx emu that plays perfect on 360?
you should work on that.

#11 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Bite Me.... Mr. Megaman (?).. tongue.gif laugh.gif

There is as much a chance as that happening as Duke Nukem Forever being... uhh... I mean you guys seeing Pico emulation!... There.. I said it! jester.gif

#12 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(netokl @ Jun 17 2011, 11:38 AM) View Post

not too much unfortunately...im just doing some experiments in pcsxbox when i have free time and the changes that i did just only fix some games....the gte of pcsx-reloaded is easy to implement in the 1.5 core and fix some games like crash bandicoot 3(water levels),ace combat 3(ship textures),tomb raider 4 (strange green colors),and problably fix other games as well..

Hey I confirmed crash bandicoot 3 and tomb raider 4 issues fixed. However the ground textures on ace combat 3 are all messed up (shades of white like snow). Do you have that issue as well? Or is it ok for you?

#13 netokl

netokl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

yep...when i change the gte it happens to me...but will works ok if you change the igte.h file too with the new igte.h of pcsx reloaded...xport put this file in src/ix86 directory.i think will work if you change this file.

#14 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(netokl @ Jun 20 2011, 01:31 PM) View Post

yep...when i change the gte it happens to me...but will works ok if you change the igte.h file too with the new igte.h of pcsx reloaded...xport put this file in src/ix86 directory.i think will work if you change this file.

hey netokl do you happen to know if triple play 2001 plays in this ok?> pop.gif

#15 netokl

netokl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

sorry....don't tested this game....i still doing some things here....and now star ocean is working in HLE mode(by the way...the HLE mode is now much more stable and compatible using the pcsx df and reloaded fixes....the speed is the same as the 1.5 core...i will work in some more things...and i would like to share but i dont know where and how i can put the precompiled files and source code...maibe madmab can use some parts of code with the CDDA sound fixes that he did it.....I really apreciate all the work of emuxtras team and the people who still working (i know you are working on nestopia:popcorn:) on the old xbox...cheers!!
and sorry for bad english!! jester.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users