• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ffrr

ffrr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:46 PM

So far I have done 5 hitachi drives with the connectivity kit, and 3 samsungs via dos.

I got to 2 360's to do today, a samsung and a hitachi (47dj), booted up windows whilst the mode b/debug switch was down, windows recognised the drive, I opened the dos promt and typed flash.bat g 1234 as normal.... a few seconds later I got a warning saying I had either;

1)background apps running (nope, well nothing I didn't have on previous flashes)
2)drive was not in mode b (I'm sure it was)
3) try in safe mode.

I read around various forums but no joy, in the end I switched off the pc and rebooted, tried again a few more times still with no luck. Tried changing drive letters, safe mode, etc, still no luck. But now when I try I get a warning diffrerent to the last;

1) check to see if drive is recognised by windows (yes it is)
2) make sure you're using the right drive letter (yes I am)
3) Your 360 drive is not a a working version (yes it is! ...well I have tried with 2 firmwares 1.2 and 1.3, but only via dos with the connectivity kit.) This maybe where I am going wrong, see below.

So my question is could the kit be at fault and this drive is not actually in mode b. The drive shows up in windows regardless of when the connectivity kit is in debug mode, I thought if the drive wasn't in mode b it wouldn't be recognised? As I've never had this problem before and I don't have another Hitachi drive here I can't verify this.

I must be missing the obvious here lol.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!?

#2 ffrr

ffrr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

It was my sata extension port!

I took my whole kit apart and checked the port and found a bad connection on the power in to the card (gigabyte).

I plugged the sata cable direclty into the mb and it worked!

If only everything was that easy smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users