1 reply to this topic

#1 slizzap

slizzap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

So how many of you are having problems with lag? I've only asked a couple people online and they said they didn't have any problems. My problem is consistent, there's a half-to-full second delay between pressing a button and the action performing. It's next to impossible to play. The strange thing is that it's consistent, it's not with specific matches. It's with ALL matches. Leading me to think it might be something on my end. It definitely can't be my connection - it's cable running at 7 mb down and 700 kb up. Maybe a firewall issue?

What are you guys seeing? And if you're having the same problem as me, what connection and networking hardware are you using?

#2 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

I'm having the same problem to a degree, but it only seems to be with certain moves (most noticeably with Blanka's fierce punch). I'm beginning to think that it's not a controller or lag issue: it's due to dropped frames which changes the timing of certain moves.

Perhaps others don't notice this because they haven't played a lot of arcade Street Fighter (the timing was much different on SNES). I still play it regularly via MAME and there's just something a little off with the Live version. I'm sure it's not my connection, and to take the lousy D-pad out of the equation I'm gonna gut a wired controller tonight and connect it to an arcade stick I made a few years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users