• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tehpsycho

tehpsycho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

Ok so this is my second dealing with this chip. The whole thing was supposed to go easy with a softmod. Booted into Evox from Mech assault exploit and used a Prepare HDD option that reformats the HDD and installs evox dash and such to the HDD. Apparently the soft wouldnt take and pulled a ERROR 16, so I opted for a chip. Ive installed this chip once before on my friends 1.5. BUT THIS XBOX.......... grr.gif .......

.....I dont understand. Usin the X-Chip on a 1.0 Xbox with the solder filling the holes around the LPC... Using pogopins etc. right D0 hole.... Chip boots. OK.

I tried to use the SlaYers install disk...I dont know if Im retarded or what but the explaination they give for booting to the disk is something I cant get. I put the disk in...OFF/ON "BOOT TO INSTALLER"(or whatever) it Boots to the chip. I switch off the Recover option... try again... flubber animation then error 16....try many more times... same thing.

Then I decided to go into the "CONTINUE CROMWELL" option and tried booting from the CD option thing... it just sits there.

I have a 160gig HDD this kid wants in there along with the chip and alternative Dashboard.

I want to throw UnleashX in it but that is something Ill do later.

So If someone could walk me through getting this thing going I would be appreciative.

BTW I dont have the USB chip>computer connector...

#2 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

it sounds like you still have the stock cromwell bios flashed to your x-chip. you need a unsigned code bios to run disks like slayers. Check the "usual places" for x-chip_evox_v1.3 or something to that effect. Remember to flash it with x-control! you said earlier that you don't have the usb cord?
that makes it a little harder to reflash... you "may" be able to do it through cromwell but I personally haven't had any luck with that in the past. Its not hard to find the USB cord as its a common usb cord usually found with scanners, printers and such. The programmer "should" be with the chip too.

Edited by 82_Z28, 03 August 2006 - 02:26 PM.

#3 tehpsycho

tehpsycho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(82_Z28 @ Aug 3 2006, 08:30 AM) View Post

it sounds like you still have the stock cromwell bios flashed to your x-chip. you need a unsigned code bios to run disks like slayers. Check the "usual places" for x-chip_evox_v1.3 or something to that effect. Remember to flash it with x-control! you said earlier that you don't have the usb cord?
that makes it a little harder to reflash... you "may" be able to do it through cromwell but I personally haven't had any luck with that in the past. Its not hard to find the USB cord as its a common usb cord usually found with scanners, printers and such. The programmer "should" be with the chip too.

-.-; LET ME CLARIFY.....Im using the X-LITE X-chip. An over sight by me hopefully doesnt change matters, if it does Im sorry.

Im talking about the adapter that allows me to connect the chip with everything. These are the parts I have and paid for... http://www.xbox-scen...e_pictures.html

Ill try to grab that BIOs you mentioned. I had Bios on the HDD from the failed softmod... Flashed it to the first bank and it said it had done it but never showed any signs of change. Now that I look the HDD preparer thing through Evox fudged the files on the HDD everythings gone. I can still try to flash the chip through HTTP though hadnt tried it yet, then use SlaYers.

Edited by tehpsycho, 03 August 2006 - 06:53 PM.

#4 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:07 AM

i'm not too fimilar with the x-lite, but i remember hearing you flash it with a DHCP server with an ethernet cord instead of a usb cord with x-control setup.

as for the hdd bios flashing, its a little complex...

think of the x-chip's bioses as "special" bioses. The cromwell one and the X-chip_evox_v1.3 are base files of sorts.

sorta like an operating system. They're always 4mb to fill up the chip entirely.
you can't flash this type bios with the evolutionx dashboard either.

technicially you should be able to re-flash the bios "inside" the cromwell one you have installed now, but I have yet to get that to work personally...

basicly you gotta flash the 4mb bios file either by the DHCP server or usb setup.

once your set with the x-chip_evox_v1.3

you can fire up your xbox and you'll see a new flubber screen on start up with evox logos and x-chip logos.
additionally it'll say at the bottom, "press start to enter setup"

if you enter the setup, you can enable trainers, custom LEDs and other sweet stuff.

more importantly, you can setup more bioses WITHIN this bios. (if that makes sense)

although the file you flashed is 4mb the actually x-chip bios is really only 256kb i think.
the rest can be used to flash a whole bunch of other bioses of your choice. you can set it up where you can launch a certain bios by holding the A or B buttons while booting up and other things.

now this is somewhat of over kill really cause the x-chip_evox_v1.3 bios itself is able to boot the xbox in unsigned code all on its own. really its all you would need.

I however like to push the limits of it. I have the X-chip "os" running evox m8, a yoshi debug bios, cromwell, and a couple others i don't use. 4MB's of flash space is a LOT to work with cause most bioses are no more than 256KB to 512KB

well I hope this gives you some insight on what your up against and what the chip is capable of.

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask

Edited by 82_Z28, 04 August 2006 - 03:08 AM.

#5 tehpsycho

tehpsycho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:17 AM

Thank you a whole lot. The new BIOs worked! I must have deleted the old BIOs I had been working with from looooong ago. Kudos to you thankyou! smile.gif

#6 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:37 AM

glad to hear you got it working beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic