Photo

Can I Run Linux Or Windows On My Xbox 1.6 With Out A Modchip?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snakieee

Snakieee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

Hey yeah im new at the whole modding thing and i wanna turn my Xbox in to a cp basicly... and um run a CS Server off of it... and i was wondering if theres a way that doesnt require modchips... uhh.gif

Thanks,
Jake

#2 hessec

hessec

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure you can softmod it to do the stuff.

By softmod, I mean a mod only affecting the software, no hardware whatsoever.

I softmodded my xbox with a splinter cell exploit. Basically, I copied two files on to my xbox's hard drive with Datel Action Replay (they're "game saves"), then loaded the "game save" in splinter cell and there was a nice installer that modded my box. I used Crayzie's UXE Splinter Cell Exploit 2.7

As far as I know, a softmodded xbox can do mostly all the stuff a chipped one can, except for bios stuff, and upgrading the hdd is a lot easier w/ a chip.

#3 rally_elgen

rally_elgen

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

If you dont have or want too buy an action replay/memmory card, there is tut's here on xboxscene too show you how too make an action replay out of an usb stick, mp3 player, digital camra, that you have laying around...

Useing digital camera or mp3, player could turn your mp3 player/digital camera memmorycard into usb-pens only tongue.gif

#4 grovespaz

grovespaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE(rally_elgen @ Aug 13 2006, 05:30 PM) View Post

If you dont have or want too buy an action replay/memmory card, there is tut's here on xboxscene too show you how too make an action replay out of an usb stick, mp3 player, digital camra, that you have laying around...

Useing digital camera or mp3, player could turn your mp3 player/digital camera memmorycard into usb-pens only tongue.gif

DONT use an mp3-player! The mp3players firmware could get fucked because of the wrong partition format.

Use an usb stick.
And no, you CAN'T run windows atm, but you can run linux. Check xbox-linux.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users