DWells55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:09 AM

I've got an Xbox in a coma that I'm trying to repair. I'm going to try the A18 -> C6R3 trick, but there's no guarantee there. So, I'm looking at getting a DuoX2 Lite. However, every guide I've seen mentions CD/DVD flashing. However, the Xbox has a Thomson that won't read any DVD-R or CD-RW. I've been through Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Memorex, some no-names and a few Sony's using the drive in a working Xbox, which alas, has an uncooperative Thomson. So is it possible to network flash and is there a tutorial?

#2 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:58 AM

Not with a lite, no, since they come preflashed with a hacked bios. Get a cromwell/flashbios chip and you'll be able to netflash though flashbios.

#3 DWells55

DWells55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:23 AM

Ah, that's what I meant tongue.gif Whatever the white Cromwell ones are called.

Anyhoo, thanks for the answer, I wasn't sure if it was like Xecuter flash BIOS exclusive seeing how they'r ethe only chips I've worked with.

#4 Retepetsir

Retepetsir

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(DWells55 @ Aug 4 2006, 09:30 AM) View Post

Ah, that's what I meant tongue.gif Whatever the white Cromwell ones are called.

Anyhoo, thanks for the answer, I wasn't sure if it was like Xecuter flash BIOS exclusive seeing how they'r ethe only chips I've worked with.

It's the same if you select Bank 1, then just http on a pc to the xbox ip address smile.gif

Worked for me, I literally installed a DuoX and flashed the bios via the network a couple of hours ago smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users