X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(Leglez @ Aug 15 2006, 05:48 PM) View Post

If he photoshopped it onto a cad screenshot don't you think he would have done it in photoshop and not paint

Werd, owned. As for the original poster I will believe it when I see it, there's been way too many "look what I'm going to do.." and not enough "look what I've done" lately.

#32 War_Machine

War_Machine

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Leglez @ Aug 15 2006, 05:18 PM) View Post

If he photoshopped it onto a cad screenshot don't you think he would have done it in photoshop and not paint

not if he made the paint one first... then went back and photoshopped it when he got made fun of

#33 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Aug 13 2006, 03:04 AM) View Post

Well I guess that is CAD work, that means you just suck in CAD. Those are MS paint quality graphics.

Shut up. Half the time you don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever even used AutoCAD?

Anyway, this time of thread isn't allowed here. You can't be advertising your project and guaging and all that fun stuff.

Nice job though, hope it comes out nicely. Anyway you can make an xbox case that's just basically a huge heatsink?

#34 elpimpo12

elpimpo12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:35 PM

Well, benny, good luck to you. I think everyone just gets skeptical in seeing talk without an actual product b/c of stuff like the X64. And don't knock on MS Paint...I made a fake ID through paint...it was a beaut.

#35 68HC000

68HC000

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Overclocking *EVERYTHING*. Anything with a 68000 CPU in it, and of course xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

Holy MS Paint!

I remember way back when, in the 386 days, MS Paint was an amazing little program smile.gif.

I see that it's hard for some of us to let go.

#36 zequal

zequal

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

for the project: lot of talk but only cad-drawings

for the cad issue: well, i've worked in autoCAD in my school, and the final product looks like that for every singel person who's new on it. and it's not a 3d-rendering program (or did i miss that function?)

for the paint issue: paint is a great program if you wanna look how things will turn out, but i prefer pencils and papers (as i use for my new "the lord is my weapon-project" smile.gif)

#37 elpimpo12

elpimpo12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

No, CAD is definitely not #1 for it's 3D rendering...SolidWorks is for 3D.

#38 wetzelman1

wetzelman1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:35 PM

CAD does have 3d rendering and the autoCAD 2007 actually has a pretty impressive rendering engine in it.

Now as far as those drawings go, they are just diagrams. There really is no need to be doing them in CAD unless they are preliminary for a more advanced design to be constructed which I hope is the case.

Anyways, I wish you good luck and hope it comes out nice.

#39 w2kj

w2kj

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(wetzelman1 @ Aug 16 2006, 03:42 PM) View Post
CAD does have 3d rendering and the autoCAD 2007 actually has a pretty impressive rendering engine in it.
That's what I've heard too; I'd love to afford a new copy of ACAD 2007. sad.gif Maybe bennydigital will be able to wow us someday. smile.gif

#40 ebbinger_413

ebbinger_413

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE(w2kj @ Aug 16 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post

That's what I've heard too; I'd love to afford a new copy of ACAD 2007. sad.gif Maybe bennydigital will be able to wow us someday. smile.gif

autocad gives out free 30 day trial cds, they ship them to your house and everything...i am not sure if it only includes the U.S. or not...

http://usa.autodesk....?...&id=5603724

theres a link to the latest release of autocad from autodesk...its the 30 day trial cd...

at least then you can check it out for yourself...and you can always get older versions cheap from resellers...

#41 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(w2kj @ Aug 16 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post

I have it here, but everytime I run it on the family computer, it crashes sad.gif.

#42 w2kj

w2kj

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE(ebbinger_413 @ Aug 16 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post
theres a link to the latest release of autocad from autodesk...its the 30 day trial cd...
at least then you can check it out for yourself...and you can always get older versions cheap from resellers...
Thanks. I'll just wait til I can afford it....by then; it will be "an older version". LOL!

#43 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:22 PM

Ya, ok, lets all hijack bennydigital's thread. Seriously, stop it guys!

He came on here to yell us about a sweet project and all anyone can do is hack on his cad skills. Knock it off.. This is half the reason that some projects don't get finished. People come on here and tell their ideas and then you guys bomb the tread until they leave. It isn't cool and nobody thinks it's amusing.

Bennydigital, I personally like the project and can't wait to see more! Please let us know hw much they are, I would be interested about purchasing one if the price is right. biggrin.gif

#44 w2kj

w2kj

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:39 PM

sad.gif sad.gif I'm sorry....bennydigital....

QUOTE(BecomethemonsteR @ Aug 17 2006, 09:29 AM) View Post
Ya, ok, lets all hijack bennydigital's thread. Seriously, stop it guys!

He came on here to yell us about a sweet project and all anyone can do is hack on his cad skills....It isn't cool and nobody thinks it's amusing.

....Bennydigital, I personally like the project and can't wait to see more!
....you're right BecomethemonsteR....it wasn't cool to hijack your thread, bennydigital. Originally....I really didn't intend to squash your dreams. Personally...i am interested in seeing how your CAD skills progress; and how your project goes too. It could add a new dimension to modding; and put a feather in your cap too.

smile.gif Keep it up with your project; dude. I hope to see more "drafts" in your thread as you progress.

#45 zerocool_91

zerocool_91

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE(4doorteg @ Aug 15 2006, 05:55 PM) View Post

Werd, owned. As for the original poster I will believe it when I see it, there's been way too many "look what I'm going to do.." and not enough "look what I've done" lately.

I agree i think someone should complete a job or be in the process of it before they even post anything!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users