Sf Related Crashes And Other Issues

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

seems every time i try to play this game it locks up for a minute or more at least once... not even going to live matches sometimes... wtf is up with this crap?

and on to the other issues that capcom NEED to address in hopfully very near future updates... they need to address the quit to avoid loss bullshit (as the leaderboards are already fucked) and they need to address the massive amount of timeouts... those 2 issues make playing online crap, as well as those who constantly use ehonda (though im now better with the controller so they pose no threat anymore, and its REALLY fun beating those guys and talking trash the whole time laugh.gif)...

lastly, they need to address the computer's difficulty level... i was playing earlier against guile and he did a walking forward flash kick after numerous no charge sonic booms... how the fuck are you supposed to beat that, when he can do projectiles quicker than you can and you cannot jump in? and also, the fucking yoga noogie's, blanka's bite, e hondas chest press being able to take off 45% of your life is just a tad extreme, esp if you are lucky enough to get a comp char in one youll at most take off 7%...

now im all for a comp being difficult, but this is just rediculous.. esp seeing as there are, as it stands, 2 near impossible achievements realting to the arcade mode (hyper and perfect world champion's... hyper being having to beat the arcade without a loss and perfect being having to beat the arcade without lossing a single round)... most of the time i cant even be bothered to continue a game to just beat the game outright, the comp's so goddamn unfair... grr.gif

Edited by gcskate27, 05 August 2006 - 11:54 PM.

#2 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

Amen brother! I dont see why they just couldnt port it, without tweaking the difficulty?

#3 IMnotGarBagE

IMnotGarBagE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

If anyone feels you gcskate27, i certainly do. The computer is total unfair. I time out 20 games before i can actually play one. when i look at the leaderboard the game freezes, and i hate when people quit out. so gayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:12 PM

Yeah, I noticed that when fighting guile, who is my fav character and the one I use that the CPU can flash kick with no charge AT ALL. He throws a sonic boom and you jump the second he does that, then he flash kicks, which is impossible to do as it takes a second to charge. After cutting the diff. down to 2 stars I can make it to the 4th guy and still get pwned. CPU is rediculous.

EDIT: Maybe that's what made those retarded kids that made X-S news by burning their xbox do it. jester.gif

Edited by cerealkillajme, 06 August 2006 - 09:15 PM.

#5 mathias

mathias

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:21 PM

hmmm yea so on the hardest hardest setting I got to the 6th guy... on normal I can't get past 4th guy... hmmm go figure.....

whoever can get the perfect achievment is a god...

#6 Paperstack.1

Paperstack.1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

Right now it's a waste of points to buy this game. I haven't seem the other stuff you guys are talking about because after being able to get in an online match after 50 tries, I stopped playing it.

FIX THIS DAMN GAME OR GIVE ME MY POINTS BACK OR SOMETHING!! AFTER THE DELAYS WE WENT THROUGH WAITING FOR THIS GAME WE'D EXPECT IT TO BE PERFECT!!

#7 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

I'm really dissapointed with this game as well...

The no charge CPU moves and the thows that take off huge amounts of power are nothing new.. IIRC the original did that as well.

the CPU's difficulty is another thing. I can barely get past the 6th guy on the easiest setting... well at least until I get so frustrated that I decide it's time to play something else. I remember back in the day I was able to beat the game on the default settings with every player so I could see all the endings. I KNOW I'm a better player now then I was then. The difficutly seems to range from "stupid hard" to "don't even bother playing".

I've only played 2 matches online and that was only because it took about 40 minutes to finally connect to someone. The first match I played was decent, Ken vs Ken and we were pretty evenly matched... the next one my opponent picked e-honda and just 100 hand slapped the whole time. I still managed to beat him as Zangief basically just low kicking him with my toe laugh.gif then of course he leaves me negative feedback for "unsportsmen like conduct" dry.gif

... back to arcade mode... too hard... lets play something else.

Anyone who knows me IRL will tell you that I'm a pretty level guy, things rarely ever get to me. This game and table tennis are the only two games that have ever made me want to smash the controller agasint the wall.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 07 August 2006 - 04:41 PM.

#8 dgrams2003

dgrams2003

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

I for one am enjoying it.

I do have problems where I cant join a Ranked match, but if I start a
Ranked game, Others can join me just fine -
and the Quarter matches work for me as well.

I've played maybe 30-40 games and have had annoying lag only 1 time that
I can remember.

I don't play single player, since that is what MAME Emulation does best.

I bought it solely to play multiplayer on it, and it has been well worth the $10 so far.

Dahlsim & Blanka Rock!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users