For Those Just Going For The Acievements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:11 PM

alright, this will work most of the time and its so simple... just play with blanka and keep doing his forward roll and crouch blocks... wait for the comp to jump in or take a break in fireballs and then nail'em... even if you trade hits, yours will be the more damaging... all it takes is patience and the ability to perform that move and you can get all 4 of the difficult arcade achievements...

balrog is esp easy as for him all you have to do is the electricity... sagat is the only one who will give you any trouble and hes not so bad as you can duck half of his fireballs, youve just gotta have better timing against him...

i just now beat the arcade for the first time by using blanka and ramped up the difficulty to 7 stars and lost my first round after 7 opponents(and it was really close)...

also, you can get the regular 'beat the arcade' achievement on any difficulty so id assume the hyper and perfect versions can as well...

beat the arcade, get the achievements and then just go have fun in quarter matches where people arent ALWAYS picking ehonda... beerchug.gif

*note, im all about ken and ryu so it was a bit difficult mentally to use someone like blanka but its worth it to save the frustration... laugh.gif

Edited by gcskate27, 06 August 2006 - 07:12 PM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the tips... this game is exponentially harder then the old SNES and arcade versions...

Also I was thinking about this the other day (not sure if it would work) but in arcade mode the 2nd player can join in at any time... so maybe for the beat arcade without loosing a round/match you could just push start on controller 2 if you're in danger of loosing, beat up player 2 then try again... again not sure if that would actually work but it's worth trying I think. smile.gif

#3 Funsh

Funsh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

I also tried it with the 2nd player joining, because it also worked on the Genesis.
You can beat the game with that trick, but you won't get any achievments for this.

The easiest solution is to take M.Bison and use his Psycho Crusher.
Just charge it before the game starts and use it when the fight begins.
If you have a good timing and vary some of the moves you have a good chance to beat the game on 7 stars or unlock the other achievments.

#4 Shuyin

Shuyin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

everybody seems fond of blanka in arcade..

but here is my problem

Ryu just doesnt stop throwing hadokens....he spammed 26 (i counted) and he wouldnt stop

#5 way fast CBR

way fast CBR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:02 AM

i agree with twisted that the game was easyer to beat on older systems. i remember this game when i was like 12 or somthing, and i kicked a$$ at it, but now its a challange.

Way Fast CBR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users