• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Master Bman

Master Bman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:xboxes<br />paintball<br />psp (till i lost mine)<br />modding<br />computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:24 AM

I have an xbox here in a 1.2 (i think) case. I was about to put it back together and having a lot of issues when i realized the lid i was trying to shove on it was from a 1.6. I was wondering if i have to relocate all of the internals to the 1.6 bottom (i have no more lids besides the 1.6). and also if they will fit. Who knew the cases changed, jeez...can you guys confirm this? thanks!

#2 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:39 AM

All case lids and front faceplates are the same on all version cases. The difference between a 1.0-1.5 case and a 1.6 case is that the 1.6 has one less screw standoff near the av connector.

#3 Master Bman

Master Bman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:xboxes<br />paintball<br />psp (till i lost mine)<br />modding<br />computers

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:40 AM

is there somehting i could cut on either the lid or the case to make them compatible? thanks!

EDIT: Just tore it apart, there was an issue with the dvd caddy...i don't think it was set right. any how i got everything fit nice, thanks for the help!

Edited by Master Bman, 07 August 2006 - 02:49 AM.

#4 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:50 AM

The lid should fit on any case just fine. You will have to cut out the extra standoff on a 1.0-1.5 case if you are going to put a 1.6 motherboard in it.

#5 Master Bman

Master Bman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:24 AM

thanks for the help, i'm all set! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users