THDVL

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:51 AM

Well I'm moving to The Netherlands in January and I've got a few questions. All my electronics are NTSC.. I have a HD Widescreen tv, 360, old Xbox, dvd player, tons of dvd's etc.. Should I sell all my crap and buy new Pal stuff or just keep what I've got and get adapters (if any exist)? I'd really hate to part with my old xbox since I have tons of awesome stuff on it. Also I'm a jeans and Tshirt kinda guy.. Nice clothes, not ratty jeans and Tshirt guy lol.. Just curious how people dress over there. I really dont want to stand out as a touristy american. I've pretty much decided on a place in Amersfoort.. So I'll be in Amsterdam frequently. Some of my friends have been over there and said the crime is very bad in Amsterdam. I'm not lookin to get mugged or anything, Is it really that bad? I'm not sure how many people here are actually from the netherlands.. just thought I'd take a shot as I love these forums and have been here for years. Any tips or advise are greatly appreciated pop.gif

#2 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 August 2006 - 12:15 PM

you can keep your stuff but you might need wall socket adpters, as for the ntsc/pal, your jus gonna have to buy NTSC stuff. If you can live with that then your sorted.

can i come and stay with you in amsterdam sometime?

#3 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(THDVL @ Aug 7 2006, 05:58 AM) View Post

Well I'm moving to The Netherlands in January and I've got a few questions. All my electronics are NTSC.. I have a HD Widescreen tv, 360, old Xbox, dvd player, tons of dvd's etc.. Should I sell all my crap and buy new Pal stuff or just keep what I've got and get adapters (if any exist)? I'd really hate to part with my old xbox since I have tons of awesome stuff on it. Also I'm a jeans and Tshirt kinda guy.. Nice clothes, not ratty jeans and Tshirt guy lol.. Just curious how people dress over there. I really dont want to stand out as a touristy american. I've pretty much decided on a place in Amersfoort.. So I'll be in Amsterdam frequently. Some of my friends have been over there and said the crime is very bad in Amsterdam. I'm not lookin to get mugged or anything, Is it really that bad? I'm not sure how many people here are actually from the netherlands.. just thought I'd take a shot as I love these forums and have been here for years. Any tips or advise are greatly appreciated pop.gif

like the other dude said, get adaptors for your electric stuff, everything should work fine then.
just make sure you get the right adaptor!
I dont know about the tv though, i mean my tv runs ntsc perfectly but would yours?
is the dvd player region free? if so then you can probably buy dvd's here and dont notice anything.

as far as clothing goes.. i walk around in all black with a danzig skull jacket, then again i never cared aboot fashion anyway.

crime crime.. i dont think its really that bad, just be carefull like you always are, i've been in Amsterdam
many a time and if you just make sure your wallet isnt reachable for those wallet snatchers then you should be all right.
as with all crime its suggested you just dont go into dark alley's,
and yeah.. pretty much just dont walk around like a tool. and make sure not to sound like a tourist in Amsterdam,
(because if criminals hear that you are a tourist then its like blood in shark infested water)

so in short :
1 - stay out of dark places
2 - stuff your wallet in a place not easily snatched
3 - dont sound like a tourist.
4 - Amsterdam is overrated.

enjoy my country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users