X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2003 - 02:56 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm not new to xbox scene but I'm a Newbie when it comes to Linux on Xbox ... I downloaded the Gentoo Linux Home Edition and had no problems loading it onto computer!

I don't have Keyboard support yet ... but I can use the S-controller to type in stuff... using virtual keyboard.

Ok .. my question ... how can I update ..... it seems I have to go to Root directory ... can I do the update using just the S-controller?

Also ... has any of you downloaded the updates using the PC and ftp over to xbox.

I wonder if there is a automatated update program made for xbox ... where you just click on Update and it does it!!!

I am searching the forum and source forage and gentox forums ... but it seems most have a keyboard and don't have to turn to alternative ways. smile.gif

P.S. I have made a failed attempt of making a usb /xbox cable ... useing ps2/usb connector ... will try another method ... in next week! smile.gif

#2 alx5962

alx5962

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 10 May 2003 - 03:23 PM

source forage smile.gif this made me laugh a lot !
it's called sourceforge usually smile.gif

so when you are under kde, go to start menu and try to find the konsole item, in the system submenu then you can type there using virtual keyboard.
type 'emerge sync' to update all
or 'magic' tu update xbox specific stuffs

good luck with linux!

#3 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:13 PM

Thanks alot! found it!

Don't know what i'm doing ... but i'm having fun! smile.gif

I was thinking about trying linux for ages ... funny ...it would be the xbox that would start me! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users