• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 CajunSniper

CajunSniper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:29 AM

Guys this must sound strange but i was getting an error 0021 on my console a pain in the A... if you know what i mean i couldnt play for sh.. i turn the console on and there it was the red lights now i did every thing put the console under AC
keeping it cool and still the error stated the same

SO of my experiance i restore the console to ORIGINAL STATE whit OPA xtream v 2.1 and done, FIX IT
NO ERROR 0021

So the 0021 error is duo to a console Timing out whit the dvd drive and secuense in timing betwen the console that for sure

so

ERROR: 0021 timeout between the console and the dvd drive

reflash your dvd drive to ORIGINAL STATE to fix the problme
y used opa xtream ver 2.1 to flash to original and hacked firmware gain

Ps:0021 Error FIX done it in 2 more Console beside mines and fix the Problem glad i can help

CajunSniper

Edited by CajunSniper, 09 August 2006 - 11:37 AM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:02 PM

good info I'll add it to the sticky beerchug.gif

#3 CajunSniper

CajunSniper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

glad i can help checking in to the 0110 and 0102 trying to simulato to know how to fix keep you posted on that thx. for the sticky

#4 gasoau

gasoau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:41 AM

YAY Tahnks you i got this error and will try soon if it works will get back to yall folks asap... smile.gif

#5 gasoau

gasoau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

can u just flash using the xbox 360 to power the drive and connect the sata to the comp?

#6 gasoau

gasoau

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:13 PM

well boys i tried but there was a another dilemma the drive wont open at all so and i tried flashing it or restoring it it says failed to open disc or sum mumbo jumbo lol... well thanks for this it could help alot of ppl.. just gunna buy me a working dvd drive if its possible then lol...

#7 abreuff

abreuff

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:13 PM

Its not the drive, I tested...can be anything...

#8 KimA

KimA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:42 AM

I just fixed a 0021 error. It was NOT the drive.
The error was bad soldering af the southbridge. It was fixed by resoldering the southbridge, with a hot air gun.

Kim A

#9 Whoricalsmurf

Whoricalsmurf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:25 PM

Hey

I have the 0021 error and have tried everything possible with out voiding my warranty. I was wondering if it is possible to flash my Xbox 360 without having to void the warranty, apparently according to my friend who works in a gaming store says that there is a way to do so using the USB and some program that the store purchased to update the firmware for ppl that don't have internet and all this is done without voiding the warranty.
I would ask him what the program is called but he is out the country at the moment and i would like to know soon as possible, so just asking here first till he arrives back at work.

thanks

#10 FallenX

FallenX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(KimA @ Nov 24 2006, 02:49 AM) View Post

I just fixed a 0021 error. It was NOT the drive.
The error was bad soldering af the southbridge. It was fixed by resoldering the southbridge, with a hot air gun.

Kim A

can someone tell me how use the hotgun i tried following a youtube tutorial i use 400C and i heat like 5 min and i let it rest 2 hours and the console work but only for 10 min, so im thinking that maybe i made something wrong
i wanna try again anyone that can tell me how!!.

Edited by FallenX, 16 January 2007 - 07:54 PM.

#11 dedzombie

dedzombie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(Whoricalsmurf @ Jan 16 2007, 05:32 AM) View Post

Hey

I have the 0021 error and have tried everything possible with out voiding my warranty. I was wondering if it is possible to flash my Xbox 360 without having to void the warranty, apparently according to my friend who works in a gaming store says that there is a way to do so using the USB and some program that the store purchased to update the firmware for ppl that don't have internet and all this is done without voiding the warranty.
I would ask him what the program is called but he is out the country at the moment and i would like to know soon as possible, so just asking here first till he arrives back at work.

thanks

you cant flash a drive without voiding the warrenty, flashing the drive itself voids the warrenty, if you have a warrenty and an error why not just have MS fix it for free?

#12 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:10 AM

Hmmmm that info will hopefully help some people....very interesting tho....

#13 deekaey

deekaey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:09 AM

Ok two questions

1) Did the DVD drive fix work on an Xbox that has previously been working before with the flashed drive?
It seems like that fix would only fix a 0021 error happening immediately after a flash, not on a system that was running fine.

2) How do you resolder the Southbridge? Do you have to unsolder the chip off the board? How do you do this?

0021 error is destroying my life..

thanks in advance

#14 omega552003

omega552003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:57 AM

I highly doubt that the error 0021 is a drive related error.

I got an xbox with an error of 0102, fixed it by bending the xclamps to give it more tension,but it still locked up while playing games, but no 3rod.

then i decided to just replace the xclamps with bolts, now i get 0021.

Seams like 0102 and 0021 are closely related, dealing with the GPU.

also i noticed that after the 0102 error the fans were running very high

but now with the 0021 the fans ramp up slower, but still get very high.

#15 omega552003

omega552003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:49 PM

Update, I'm not sure but i think a 0021 is a fatal hardware failure specific to the GPU, i closely examined the GPU and saw that it had hair lin cracks, this would explain the high temps im getting. though while working on fixing the problem i got a 0020.

i have come to the conclusion that the xbox 360 is the worst designed game console ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users