X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:classic game console refurbishing and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

Last night I bought a used v1.6b xbox and was thinking how cool it would be to do a vga mod, keep in mind the xbox isn't chipped yet(duoxs coming in mail).Well according to the diagram no 1881 chip was needed. So I thought cool. well I got the wiring all done it looked briliant couldnt of done a better job. Well to my surprise when I pluged it into my sony 50inch plasma, it said no signal ugh!!!,however the light on the xbox stayed green and didnt flash orange and green. Then I pluged it into my 19inch monitor and still same thing happened. Please someone help me. Is this not working sence my xbox isnt chipped yet?, or because im using a v1.6 xbox please help!

phil biggrin.gif

#2 darkendshadow

darkendshadow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

i'm pretty sure that the only way to get vga on a 1.6 is to go buy a x2vga

#3 halosucks

halosucks

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

man that sucks. the built in vga looks much cooler and cost alot less, hey will this work on my modded v1.4 xbox?

#4 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(halosucks @ Aug 9 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post
hey will this work on my modded v1.4 xbox?
Yes, version 1.4 Xboxes can output a VGA signal.

#5 DCFluX

DCFluX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

If you have a 50 inch plasma, why don't you just run the HD pack and use the Component Input?

Of course for VGA not working it can be a number of issues. Some diagrams I have without the LM1881 will only work with 'Sync On Green' compatible monitors. Also you have to set the logic lines correctly to tell the xbox what A/V pack is attached, as the same wires are used for different signals.

Then a BIOS has to be run which will instruct the video encoder to do RGB color math instead of YUV. Then those BIOSes do not want to run with a 1.6 because the documentation for the Xcalibur was never made public so it can't be programed for RGB.

#6 halosucks

halosucks

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

If you have a 50 inch plasma, why don't you just run the HD pack and use the Component Input

hey i just bought a used official xbox componet cable, but not to impressed hey it was only $4.99 at gamestop so didnt really loose alot i was just looking for some fun mods to do with my 1.6 xbox. ill probally desolder the wires on my 1.6 and resolder them on my modded 1.4 xbox. so i didnt loose alot. thanks for all of the answers biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users