• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krzysd

krzysd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:09 AM

One day i was playing G.R.A.W havin fun, then the 360 froze i turned it off thought nothing of it.

next day.... 3 light error, i was pissed, well after hearing of the hot air gun fix i thought i should do that but i dont wanna void the warrenty.

i tried repeatedly to get the xbox to turn on and work and after a while it flipped on. i was stunned, why wasnt it working a second ago?

so again i turned it off went to sleep, after a couple hours of sleep i wanted to play again, and again, 3 light error GRR i was mad.

so i let it run with the 3 light error to think about what its doing to me by not letting me play, and i turned it off and turned it back on quickly, and boom it worked.

I dont know if this will work for everyone but it did for me, and now does everytime.

Just my 2 cents. helping any way i can.

#2 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

Well, I had(have) the same problem. My XBOX is 8months old. Never had a problem. I thought I was one of the lucky ones. Then my XBOX started acting a little funky the past few days...then yesterday ohmy.gif BAM!

I just bought Dead Rising, put it in, played for 5min, then lock-up. Turned it on and got the RED LIGHTS OF DEATH(Which, after futher review, proved to be the 102 error).

The system wouldn't come on for anything (nothing but red). I gave in and called MS to B*tch and setup to get it serviced(hey man, I can't wait Madden is coming and I got Dead Rising staring at me). The joker ran me through the unplug replug back in crap, but as expected, nothing. So my cardboard casket is on its way. Crazy thing is, 1hr after I got off the phone with him, I turned it on and it worked! Been working ever since. I played Dead Rising all night.

I'm still getting it replaced and buying the warranty. I expect it will die before its casket arrives. But this is BS. These things are time bombs. I'm 32 and taken the utmost care of this system. Its well ventilated and never moved. I seems that if you XBOX isn't DOA then it will just be a matter of time. Problem is, if your's is DOA, then you'll probably be scared into buying an extended warranty. Us poor fools who thought our systems were fine, will now be up a creek.

#3 leorimolo

leorimolo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

I just fixed mine, but DONT TRY IT! send it in for repair.

#4 Tito2k6

Tito2k6

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE(leorimolo @ Aug 10 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

I just fixed mine, but DONT TRY IT! send it in for repair.

I'm NOT gonna try it, but how'd ya do it? Heat gun?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users