Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

Team Xecuter: Samsung XHM Technical Info
Posted by XanTium | August 10 10:46 EST

Team-xecuter.com posted more details about their XHM Project where they'll release all info/schematics and sourcecode that will allow you to make a homemade DVD patchmod for Xbox360:

The : XHM forum is now open - we will be posting the first release in there later today.
Here is some further information regarding the Samsung Drive and XHM Project >>

FACTS :
1 : OE is NOT needed for the Mediatek to run the FW and can be held low, although this isn't recommended.
2 : OE toggle`s evenly on average (I say average because it changes speed some times but NOT when there`s valid data)
3 : OE high and low last for 60ns each (valid data time`s)
4 : From OE high to next OE high is 120ns
5 : Data is valid 20ns after OE going low, although it doesn't really need OE at all
6 : The address is presented to the 39SF020AFW 40ns after OE high
7 : The address is held there and stable for 80ns
8 : Data lasts for 80ns
9 : There is data present in-between the "real" data so beware when trying to "test" data lines
10 : The Mediatek device runs the FW directly from the 39SF020A
11 : The Mediatek doesn't run the FW sequentially, it runs it by instruction
12 : The Mediatek device has an internal memory device that shares the same pin connections as data and address of the 39SF020A
13 : The Mediatek device has dual internal CPU`s and some memory
14 : The SX18AC (or upwards) running @50mhz has an instruction time of 20ns
15 : The SX18AC (or upwards) can be overclocked although it can patch the Samsung "on the fly" @ 50mhz 20ns
16 : The SX devices have a reduced instruction set which can easy be grasped in a few hours
17 : Any one with half a brain cell can learn the SX instruction set.

This source code is in its infancy and is by no means rocket science, Don't expect it to work 100% It's "homebrew" so tinker with it that's what its there for. We wrote it to show just how simple patching the 39SF020A is and prove that it CAN be done with a cheap and relatively slow device, easily within the grasp of anyone with a degree of technical savvy.

The device we chose was an SX18AC but you could use any of the faster SX devices, for instance the SX28AC, I am sure most "homebrewers" will have a few of these kicking around You will also need a resonator, We used a Murata 50mhz version (again from an old homebrew modchip project)

Xbox-Scene
There is also a thread of interest over at xboxhacker.net that is worth a read. A coder who goes by the name of "Uberfry" has also started his own discussions on a homebrew project - please show your support here

Official Site: http://www.team-xecuter.com

#2 Ge1st

Ge1st

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:00 PM

I'm sorry, but does anyone understand maybe like 50 percent of the article, i know i can't unsure.gif ...

#3 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

Samsung Drives = Homebrew

#4 turboman29

turboman29

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:48 PM

howebrew... blink.gif blink.gif really..like what?

#5 proger

proger

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE(turboman29 @ Aug 10 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post

howebrew... blink.gif blink.gif really..like what?

Homebrew on the fly firmware patching... exciting. sleeping.gif

#6 X-Staff

X-Staff

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(proger @ Aug 10 2006, 04:24 PM) View Post

Homebrew on the fly firmware patching... exciting. sleeping.gif

typical forum lamer. if you have nothing constructive to say dont say it at all. dry.gif

QUOTE(Ge1st @ Aug 10 2006, 03:07 PM) View Post

I'm sorry, but does anyone understand maybe like 50 percent of the article, i know i can't unsure.gif ...

Then homebrew projects such as this are not going to interest you.

Edited by X-Staff, 10 August 2006 - 04:59 PM.

#7 DaddyO21

DaddyO21

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Ge1st @ Aug 10 2006, 03:07 PM) View Post

Is to create your own Firmware Patch Modchip instead of buying a $60 one , you can easily create it for like $5 from parts in radio shack.

#8 KILLplaystation

KILLplaystation

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(DaddyO21 @ Aug 10 2006, 12:54 PM) View Post

Is to create your own Firmware Patch Modchip instead of buying a $60 one , you can easily create it for like $5 from parts in radio shack.

true, but XHM is also the developmnt of such a chip

#9 p3eps

p3eps

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:57 PM

Aparently the SX18 chip they are stating you should use was discontinued in 2002?!

I want to have a go at this when there are more details - but the info so far is way over my head!
Hopefully in a few weeks there will be tutorials and diagrams etc!

#10 Jstraw

Jstraw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Blowing things up, putting them back together then blowing them up again!
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

dry.gif Are we alking about the slight ability to use homebrew on the 360 or is this a chip that does what all the other on-the-fly fw dvd mod chips do? If it's homebrew, i'M VERY INTERESTED. I love my XBox 1 BECAUSE OF xbmc. It is absolutely the best graphical interface that plays any and all formats. If this a development in for the 360 to have the ability to run some sort of XBMC...then imagine the biggest and fastest video card connected to a 52" panasonic running any file at my wish. Thats the homebrew I'm looking for! If thats what you are dint Team Executer then I will e supporting on all efforts and angles!!

#11 Loto_Bak

Loto_Bak

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

thanks xecuter.
opening this code will keep the raping manufacterers at bay and allow the community to create a better mod. this contribution is a great contribution
thanks again!

#12 personalizedsystemz

personalizedsystemz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(Loto_Bak @ Aug 10 2006, 11:15 PM) View Post

thanks xecuter.
opening this code will keep the raping manufacterers at bay and allow the community to create a better mod. this contribution is a great contribution
thanks again!

I agree, this great that we can use this code to program our own chips and know that they are workin, not relying on manufacturers that release crappy products and then dissappear once people buy it, not that i'm going to name any chip manufacturer names lol (as i clear my throat sounding like i'm saying NME)

#13 amexie

amexie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:35 AM

the resaon i reckon xecuter is doing this is cause they dont want to bring there own one out casue MS will fix this firmware hack soon and all these on the fly and dual firmware mods will be useless and they dont wont to get stuck with dead stock

#14 turboman29

turboman29

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:08 PM

I'm going to give it a try.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ..but I HATE TEAM XECUTER grr.gif grr.gif ..there a bunch of asses who talk shit about every outher company out there and I've seen them cry when people here have something to say about there stuff...BUT...that water under the ...what ever... sleep.gif sleep.gif .........Could someone put up some pics of the programer and the chip.....so we could see what were going to get.....or make......this is the NME-360 code right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users