• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 plasmacutter

plasmacutter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

I'm not a heavy gamer (yes i'm the stereotyppical xbox purchaser for "halo only"), but I've made heavy use of my xbox as a player for fansubs and matroska files on xbmc pop.gif , and I installed xbmc within evox just for the sake of maximum flexibility. wink.gif

I'm interested in doing the same to an xbox 360 when they get cheaper, and i'm interested in what progress has been made towards the modification of xbox360 to run those homebrew apps. unsure.gif

I would probably just stick with xbox, but the machine is aging, and newer h.264 encoded matroska will severely outpace it's processor capacity.

so err.. is there anyone who could apprise me on the current situation? I can't wait to have an upgraded mplayer STB ^^

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

No XBMC or anything like that (run unsigned code), when? who knows.

only modding is a hack that allows you to backup and play your backup games.

while this is 360 newbie chat, 2 min. of looking around here would have given you the same answer.

#3 plasmacutter

plasmacutter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:26 PM) View Post

No XBMC or anything like that (run unsigned code), when? who knows.

only modding is a hack that allows you to backup and play your backup games.

while this is 360 newbie chat, 2 min. of looking around here would have given you the same answer.

well.. i was hoping something along the line of progress from someone who is intimately familiar with this kind of thing..

optimistic? pessimistic?

I read an article where bunny predicted something along the lines of another 6 - 9 months, but I have a general stake in this as the crack for this is basically the crack for just about the worst "trusted computing" implementation method mentioned.

#4 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(plasmacutter @ Aug 10 2006, 06:30 PM) View Post

I read an article where bunny PREDICTED something along the lines of another 6 - 9 months

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users