Photo

Anyone Know About The Agent Under Fire Mod?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 granty

granty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:06 PM

Hi,

does anyone know how to mod your xbox using agent under fire, has anyone done it?

#2 PENTIUM75

PENTIUM75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:16 PM

Im working on it, Im going to buy a new xbox and try the following:

Things needed
Soldering Iron
May want guides for TSOP flash enable
Agent under fire save with raincoat
FATX explorer
Agent Under Fire 007 retail game

1: Use FATX explorer to copy save over to XBOX HD (check xbox-scene guides for swap trick)
2: Solder TSOP flash enable points
3: Boot Agent Under Fire and load game (some music comes on supposedly)
4: Telnet 192.168.0.64 and goto the save dir
5: type ./raincoat -p bios.bin

pSyCo <- credits to wrote good intructions for use with linux I got the idea of using FATX Exp. instead of going though linux and such

I dunno if it will work, it should going to try it in a few days

Hope this helps

#3 stiGGy

stiGGy

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:16 PM

thats pretty much the idea ive had, only difference being that i intend to use the swap trick on my other, allready modded xbox and do it from there

#4 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:45 AM

If you already have an xbox with a modified bios, just swap the hard drives while the xbox's are off, put an EvoX disk in the drive, boot up EvoX, telnet over to the hard drive, copy the save from your computer to the hard drive, turn the xbox off, put the hard drive in the original xbox, start up 007, load the save, telnet into the xbox, and type in ./raincoat -p bios.bin

This will save you the trouble of having to hot swap hard drives, and be easier to do.

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (JaredC01 @ May 11 2003, 01:45 AM)
If you already have an xbox with a modified bios, just swap the hard drives while the xbox's are off, put an EvoX disk in the drive, boot up EvoX, telnet over to the hard drive, copy the save from your computer to the hard drive, turn the xbox off, put the hard drive in the original xbox, start up 007, load the save, telnet into the xbox, and type in ./raincoat -p bios.bin

This will save you the trouble of having to hot swap hard drives, and be easier to do.

Eh, NO!

Your modified XBox will be unable to unlock the locked drive from the unmodded Xbox until it itself is unlocked...

The modified bioses still utilize the on board data to unlock the locked drives.

#6 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 May 2003 - 01:14 AM

Humm... always thought a hacked bios just bypassed the hard drive step... though, it makes sense... since how in the hell is is supposed to read a locked hard drive...

Thnx for opening my eyes! (Says as he smacks himself repeatedly in the head.)

#7 DigitalStryker

DigitalStryker

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:04 AM

this is what i did..i've done it to all the versions...solder the neccessary points...i ftp the files 007saves file to my memory card...then i go into the original dashboard using the original hard drive and i copy the files from the memory card to the hdd....pop in 007 and load mission...xbox turns orange...telnet into it and flash the chip thats it...if you got a 1.2 make sure the bios you put in the memory card is a 256k bios not 1 meg....and make sure you got the latest raincoat.conf file in your hdd..i had to update the flasher for the raincoat becuz the earlier version wouldn't flash my chip because it didnt support it...

#8 amareto

amareto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:51 AM

Does the 007: AUF Platinium work for this hack???

#9 pSyCo

pSyCo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 May 2003 - 02:21 PM

1: Use FATX explorer to copy save over to XBOX HD (check xbox-scene guides for swap trick)

Won't work....

I tried this before i decided to go the linux route... FATX explorer == read only ... and HDD Driver crashes often and doesn't allow you to move folders onto the xbox HD, and won't let you create a new folder)... so with the current software available... you can't get the game save on the xbox's HD with just windows...

If you have a modded xbox, and you can get a memory card for cheap... you can just get the game save that way ... or go for the linux route... mega-x-key .. mod chip .. etc .. you get the point =p

#10 PENTIUM75

PENTIUM75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:54 PM

In the past ive used FATX eplorer to easily transfer WMA files and playlists for the orig dashboard to play, but now that i think of it it cant create folders, but I dont have access to a modded xbox all mine are dead mad.gif anyone have any other ideas that are really easy and dont involve setting up linux and going through all that bs?

#11 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (amareto @ May 11 2003, 10:51 AM)

Yeah i want to know that too!

#12 simba_pop

simba_pop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (amareto @ May 11 2003, 10:51 AM)

Yes. The Platinum Hits version of 007:Agent under fire works with the raincoat trick. Used it myself today.

#13 karishbhr

karishbhr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:00 PM

Can someone explain to me the point of this "hack"... I dont understand what u do with it!

#14 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:10 PM

enabling an unmodded xbox (technically) to boot up some/parts of unsigned code.... which in the end u would be able to flash ur tsop with a bios of your choice...... u still have to prepared the xbox in some sense though

#15 PENTIUM75

PENTIUM75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 11:57 PM

I need help! Recompiling the linux kernel adding this configuring that..i dont know shit about linux anyone have any good suggestions or better guides?

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users