BrentPriit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

Hi

For the last couple of weeks I have been having trouble turning my xbox back on after turning it off. Once its off I cant get it to work for like an hour or so. I can only see the modchips light flicker for a second when I push the power button. If I dont have the dvd and HDD connected it`ll turn on normally and stay on with the fan working and everything, but if I put back the HDD and DVD then same sh_t again. The only solution I can come up with is that the PSU is starting to die and with the HDD and DVD connected it doest have enough power or whatnot to power up the box completely. The strange thing is though that after waiting for a while (could be an hour or two) it`ll work normally...until the next time Im forced to touch the power button . Resetting it with Eject is not a problem cuz the power circulation doesnt stop. I should probably mention that my PSU is not MS factory. My xbox is from USA but I live in eastern europe so I bought a new PSU (from LIk-sang.com) because we have 220V over here. I should also mention that Im running a gen 1 SpiderCHip and 40GB Samsung HDD. The chip is sh_tty as hell but it works and I dont think that the problem is there. It must be my PSU or the motherboard. LOng story short, if anyone has experienced this sort of stuff ....plz help tongue.gif

Thnx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users