7 replies to this topic

#1 basherbacon

basherbacon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:28 PM

Does the Schtrom360Xtract program extract ss files with the Samsung PC DVD-Rom drive from origional 360 games so you can safely burn your backup without making coasters of double layered DVD+Rs? Or is the only way at the moment to get ss files of your origional games to have your 360 connected to your PC?

#2 basherbacon

basherbacon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

What is the easiest way of extracting the ss files because I have my 360 hooked up to my PC and dvd info pro wont work for me is there any other way?

#3 firmware killa

firmware killa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

have you flashed?

GaryOPA 2.1 firmware...

hit up the readme with that package it explains the ss really good.

SS extracted no problems

Just did my first backup of DOA4

use ssmerger and then burn the *.DVD file with CloneCD (yes clone CD NOT cloneDVD) on a Pioneer 111D with the 1.23 Firmware

your done!

#4 firmware killa

firmware killa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Just read another post of yours

ASSUMING YOU HAVE A HITACHI

I AND THIS IS JUST MY HELP SO TOO BAD FOR YOU IF YOU MESS UP NOT MY FAULT smile.gif

OK

the reason you are getting the black box that pops up and goes away is because you are just double clicking the flash21.Bat file...

cant do that

do this

(>> = click)

Start >> Run >> type in CMD and hit enter

place the the files in the garyOPA rar into your C:\documents and settings\"YOUR USER NAME" folder.
it should be whatever folder comes up in the black box that came up when you typed CMD

Now with the 360 in modeb, get the drive letter of the drive in windows. then type in the black box "flash21.bat X** 0002 and hit enter

**NOTE: the X is the drive letter windows assigns to the 360 drive...could be e or d or k who knows but you must find out and type that in the place of X above. EXAMPLE: flash21.bat d 0002

Hold your breath and hope it flashes... should be good worked for me 4 times.

the Readme has the same explantion so read it too so you have the best understanding smile.gif

goodluck!

#5 basherbacon

basherbacon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

Mate I cant get the garyopa firmware and all of its additional files to work on my PC when I try to open it the window appears for a split second and then disappears dry.gif

#6 basherbacon

basherbacon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

Thanks firmware killa I flashed my drive sucessfully and I now know how to extract ss from my games but one last thing I need to know the ss file I ripped from my Origional Oblivion game says on ssmerger that it is the wrong file becasue it turns red. Is it safe to burn this image and how do I burn it becasue it was ripped with my Samsung PC-DVD Rom drive should it be merged wxripper style or xtreme style?

Edited by basherbacon, 12 August 2006 - 04:52 PM.

#7 firmware killa

firmware killa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

I sent you a private message smile.gif it should solve the issue quite nicely smile.gif

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(firmware killa @ Aug 13 2006, 12:34 AM) View Post

I sent you a private message smile.gif it should solve the issue quite nicely smile.gif

If I have your messages checked then. i will find all you offered was advice? If it turns out you PMd him the SS through here.... well you know the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users