Snakers

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:12 PM

Im no novice to the original xbox modding scene, but im interested in getting to know whats been going on in the 360 scene which I havent had any time to read up on.

Ive been browsing these forums and seeing a ton of raw dump, firmware modding, dvd drive threads but I definately dont understand what the point of them would be.

When someone has some free time, I would definately like to see a complete breakdown start to finish of what each modification, software tool, etc would do, and a situation or reason why one might use it.

Probably a better solution to everyone asking the same questions instead of ripping thier heads off for not understanding things when it seems that every thread jumps right into the middle of something, expecting you to already understand it.

#2 bigben2wardpitt

bigben2wardpitt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

yea i love this idea, i want to know what each, hack, mod, etc. does and how hard it is to install and what you can do with it, etc. everything.

#3 siko2k7

siko2k7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:36 PM

All the information you are requesting is right here in the forums. If you have time to sit around waiting for someone else to summarize it for you, you have the time to scan through older posts to see what's been going on.

A brief summary would be that all firmware mods allow you to backup your original games and play those backups. 1.x xtreme didnt allow security sector extraction, 2.x did, 3.x (samsung only at the moment) allows for stealth media (ie: backups appear exactly like originals as opposed to just appearing original enough to play the games).

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:45 PM

If you have time to sit around waiting for someone else to summarize it for you, you have the time to scan through older posts to see what's been going on.

I completely agree. If you want spoon feeding then don't expect it here
This is a technical hacking section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users