1 reply to this topic

#1 HomestarStunner

HomestarStunner

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:23 PM

Hey guys. I have read a bunch of posts first but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for exactly so, here's my problem. Now I have a feeling that I think I might know what it is but I'm definitely not sure because it has been awhile. So I have come here for some help. Anyway, I had already modded a newer xbox with this same xbit chip...I think the chip is a 1.0. Well I have a broken xbox(1.0) lying around (don't ask me why lol) and so I decided to mod it. So I took the xbit chip and the new hard drive out of the newer xbox and I swapped them into the broken one. The modchip had been working wonders(playing games and everything) before but now when I installed the modchip and the 160gb hard drive into this one...I'm fragging.
So because of this I'm just wondering, am I fragging because I need to spend like another day on trying to make a D0 connection or is it something with the hard drive that I'm just not seeing?

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:29 PM

well you said the old xbox was broken? in what way?

Its probably the d0, i still dont see why you decided to take the xbit out of the newer xbox lol.

xbits are notoriously difficult to install on a 1.0 because the solder in the holes of the LPC makes it more difficult to align all the pins correctly, I would just put the xbit back into the newer xbox, and buy a duoX2 for the 1.0, get an old hard drive and stick that in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users